29.10.12

TIM WALKER

On Saturday I had every intention of waking up early and heading off to see the Tim Walker exhibition just as it opened but this cold weather (which happened over night might I add!) got the better of me and my bed was much more appealing at that time of the morning.
I eventually made it there around 2 o clock (don't judge) with a queue forming out the door but we persisted and was let in in no time at all.


The only word I can really think of to describe this exhibition is magical. Seriously. The props that have been included are really breath taking (they're so big!) and I couldn't stop smiling the whole way round.  There is a little projection room with short feature films made on super 8 which are from the shoots you see from the exhibition. The Monty Python one was quite rightly very funny, I love seeing 'behind the scenes' films and photographs.



From only seeing photographs by Tim Walker in books or magazines it was something else being able to see them at full size with the props next to them, I am also really surprised at how big the exhibition is due it being FREE.



If your in London then head to Somerset House to see this before it finishes in January but I would recommend getting there early to avoid the queues - they also have a lovely cafe which was far too busy for us to get a seat. They are currently setting up the ice skating rink too, Christmas is coming!

2 comments :

  1. That looks amazing! Quite creepy, but in a good way:) Love the insect musicians!

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went a couple of years ago and found it AMZING! Pleased that it's back - and will totally be going again..

    love your blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top