18.12.12

CHRISTMAS CARDS

This year I decided to make my own collection of Christmas cards to give to friends and family. I've always wanted to make my own but have never found the time or thought of the right design that doesn't look too home made but this year, I had a brain wave! I incorporated sewing with traditional Christmas designs and I am really pleased with how they turned out...as in..they are not completely crap and passable as a Christmas card kind of pleased.

I created three designs; baubles, snowflakes and snowmen to keep things simple and I stamped the inside (pretty roughly) with a jolly 'Merry Christmas' message.
 

I totalled them up to cost about 17p per card which is not a bad price at all! I have now caught the 'homemade card bug' and will be making cards for all occasions for the rest of my life.


Apologies to my family. 

3 comments :

  1. Well done. I was quite lazy this year and bought a pack of charity cards for work collegues, then made a few for family. They really didn't come out as good as I'd hoped though (seriously, they would be acceptable if a seven year old had made them!) so I'm not even going to both blogging them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww no, thats a shame. Sometimes I think my crafts look amazing but when I come back to them the next day its actually more like a small child could have done it. I think I'm craft blind!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for taking part in Share Advent. I have really enjoyed finding your blog and all your lovely posts even though I don't always have time to comment!

    I hope you have a really wonderful day tomorrow and look forward to meeting you in January at our little blogger meet up! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top