1.12.12

#SHAREADVENT DAY 1

The 1st December means that there are 25 days left until Christmas, eeeeeeeeeeeeee! It also means the first day of having a chocolatey little surprise every morning which I personally think should be socially acceptable all year round AND it is also the first day of my first ever blogger group fun thing...SHAREADVENT! I blogged about it a couple of weeks ago (here) and have been planning things to do for (most) of the days since so I am SO excited to get started.



Today is 'Make/buy a wreath day' and I went all out and made my first wreath! 
I wanted to avoid spending any money so I asked a guy at work if he could rummage through his garden for bits and he came back with TWO types of ivy, some sweet smelling lavender and a few other nice bits. I was going to bend a metal coat hanger into a circle but realised I had a perfect circle already...an embroidery hoop! I just wound the ivy round and intertwined it with each stem until it felt secure, so simple but looks so lovely (and for free too!)

Look how christmassy it looks, I love the classic traditional decorations. I just need to get the rest of the decorations up now...

4 comments :

  1. This wreath is so lovely! I haven't braved wreath-making yet, but this has inspired me to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you :)
      You should definitely give it a try, it was a lot of fun and I feel so proud of it!

      Delete
  2. Cute! I still haven't got round to making one. Doh.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top