6.12.12

THE FIRST CUT

Whilst I was in Manchester over the weekend, I went to see The First Cut exhibition at Manchester Art Gallery, it had completely slipped under my radar but I'm so glad I found out about it.
The exhibition includes 31 artists who work with paper in various different ways and my god are these people talented and amazing. Some of it you couldn't even believe it was made from paper, I've honestly never seen anything like it before.

 This was made from a BURGER KING WRAPPER! Jeeeeeeez

When I walked in my breath was taken away it was that ridiculously good. I don't want to spoil it for those of you who are planning to go but I have included a few pics of my favourite pieces - they actually let you take pictures!


After the exhibition I wandered around the rest of the gallery, such a beautiful building - and well worth a visit to the cafe for a chocolate brownie!
The First Cut is on until 27 January 2013 and it is unbelievably FREE!

3 comments :

  1. I do love a good bit of paper art. Don't think I'll be up in Manchester any time soon, but thanks for sharing these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I love this! I can't believe I stumbled across your blog post as rather weirdly I just missed this exbition by one day and was wondering what it was like. Thanks for sharing these pictures, I'll have to keep an eye out on the Gallery and hope they bring it back one day soon. Have a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm glad my post could be helpful, its a shame you missed the exhibition though! I really loved it, so much to look at. Thanks for the comment :) x

      Delete

Back to Top