1.1.13

2013

Happy New Year!
I have been thinking about the things I want to achieve this year for quite some time now. I get a bit panicky when setting myself goals as I really really want to achieve them but sometimes, life just happens and you can't do everything you want to but then you feel like you've failed. Everyone knows as soon as you write it on the internet its true and you have to do it so I try to keep things like that to myself but I guess a new year means a new start so here are a few things I am PLANNING on doing this year...



I really want to open an Etsy shop at some point, only when I've got everything ready though. I will hopefully be selling hand embroidered tote bags and cushions, I really love the designs I made last year (like the ones above), but I'd like to expand on the designs I've got until I'm completely happy with them.

Earlier on in 2012 I tried my hand at making clothes using a pattern and although it was very fiddly and quite stressful, I was pleased with the outcome and so proud that I had made something I could actually wear. 
This year I want to try and make a dress so I've bought the Colette 'Peony' pattern, they say its a beginner one but after having a quick look at it I'm not so sure! It seems rather complicated but I am determined to give it a go. I will keep you updated...once I start!

There are a few small things that I can do every day to try and improve, like my handwriting and drawings which I'm not going to stress about but just keep working at. I got given a Wacom tablet for Christmas (so spoilt!) so learning how to use that to the full advantage is definitely a priority. I'd also like to take more pictures of Steven and I together, I seem to have plenty of us stuffing our faces!
On the health side of things I'd like to try and find an exercise that I actually enjoy and stick to but I'm not so sure that's going to happen. I think I eat pretty healthy (apart from all the pizza on a Friday) but I definitely need to cut back on my portions, boooooring! 

So all in all nothing major, just learning and developing a few skills and seeing what happens. I'm excited that we have already booked a trip to Berlin and are currently planning one to Spain for a friends wedding.
2013 is shaping up just fine.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top