21.2.13

PIZZA AND CAMERAS

ICCO pizza
One of my favourite things to do with Steven after work is to go to our favourite pizza place for one of their specialities. We go to ICCO on Charlotte Street, near Goodge Street station, it's a no-frills independent place that serves massive pizzas - all for fairly cheap too! They don't serve any sides but the quality of the pizza is more then enough on its own, it gets pretty busy during the evenings but its well worth waiting for.
ICCO pizza
Do you have a go-to pizza place? I'm always on the look out for new places to try!
Aperture
The other day we gobbled up our pizzas and went for a stroll down Charlotte Street, (which is definitely worth visiting if you are looking for a place to eat away from the tourists whilst in Central) and we came upon Aperture, a quaint looking camera shop with a tea room at the back. I couldn't resist going in, they sell many cameras and lenses and I spent plenty of time swooning over the Leica's on display (one day!), so we treated ourselves to a bottle of rose lemonade and enjoyed the surroundings of the shop.
Aperture
The tea is quite pricey but the novelty of gazing at cameras, leafing through magazines and sipping tea is something that I won't be getting over in a hurry!
Aperture
I love stumbling upon cute places like this, please do tell me if you know somewhere worth visiting!

7 comments :

  1. I love ICCO! It always makes me feel like I'm in New York. My favourite pizza place in London is Franco Manca in Brixton Market - it's so good, with sourdough bases x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too! I think thats why we keep going back!
      Ohh I've been meaning to try Franco Manca for ages now (seen as though we live a bus ride away) but just haven't got round to it, I think I might be put off by its popularity, I don't want to wait for my pizza!

      Delete
    2. The best time to go is during the week at around 3pm (if you happen to have a day off) - but I'm sure if you go at this time on a Saturday it would be slightly quieter? It's so worth it!

      Delete
  2. Oooh aperture looks so cool! I work quite nearby, I'll have to check both of these places out, those pizzas are making me pretty hungry! Thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I LOVE ICCO! I used to go there all the time when I worked on Tottenham Court Road! The top photo makes me want to go there again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That camera shop sounds like such a nice 'passing the time' place. Ah, my list for what to do next time we're in London continues to grow! We don't usually go out for pizza in Liverpool, but American Pizza Slice is our favourite takeaway, if we're in the mood to sit on the couch with a film and scoff. Your first photo may force my hand to call for a mid week pizza dinner!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top