12.2.13

SNOWDROP HEART

snowdrop bag
As part of a fun blogger Valentines day thing, I have taken part in #HeartSwap organised by Anna over at Skin and Blister. Since my #ShareAdvent participation (which Anna also organised, what a lady!) I have gotten the 'joining in' bug and more importantly who wouldn't want a sweet little present sent over in time for valentines day?!
I was in two minds whether I should post this now but then realised the receiver of my gift either hasn't opened it yet so therefore it won't ruin the surprise as they won't know its from me, or has opened it and therefore knows it is from me, so it really doesn't matter!
The receiver of my gift said that she loved botanical illustrations, anything to do with nature and snowdrops are her favourite plant/flower. I didn't just want to buy her gifts so instead I made her the bag above and also bought her some cute botanical illustrations which I hope she likes! The snowdrops were designed around the heart theme and this was the first time I've properly filled in sections with colour, using the faithful split stitch I managed to cover larger areas in less time (even though it still took a fair while!) and it is definitely something I want to try out in other designs. I think it looks rather sweet, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, I just hope the receiver likes it!

7 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks!! Plans for an Etsy shop are underway! :)

      Delete
  2. You are one talented lady! This totally inspires me to sign up for the next swap!

    x Elena @ Randomly Happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elena and Michelle, lovely of you to comment! :)x

      Delete
  3. Wow, well done, this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top