10.2.13

WEEKEND PICS

Camden Town Brewery
We started the weekend with a drink at Camden Town Brewery on Friday night. I've worked in Camden for just over 2 years and love that there are always places to be discovered, even the places that I really should have known about before now!
Camden Town Brewery
Camden Town Brewery is located underneath the rail arches at Kentish Town West, they brew their own beer here and then sell it from the bar, which is relatively small but has plenty of seating. The beers are fairly pricey (£4 a pint) to say that they shouldn't really have any distribution costs but you are able to buy bottles of beer (for £2) to take away- given in a brown bag so you can really feel like you're part of the Camden scene. Steven really liked the stout that they sell and I really liked that they give you as much free popcorn as you want, winner! I also have to mention that they have different street food stalls selling in the courtyard, whilst we were there Peppa Pot and Deeney's were selling and we ended up trying something from each. I got a jerk chicken roll with bbq sauce and coleslaw from Peppa Pot, which was simply the best thing I could have eaten on a Friday night after a few beers and we got a vegetarian haggis toastie from Deeney's which was nice but I think the amount of mustard completely over powered the haggis. We were more then happy for it to accompany us on the train home though!
Greasy spoon
Saturday started with a fry up at the greasy spoon round the corner, a fiver for the full works and a cuppa. I love that most places now have some kind of hot sauce condiment, I certainly feel like we have moved on from the 'brown or red' sauce days!
The rest of the day was spent finishing off some sewing (which I shall share with you in the week) and watching TV.
Rainy London
Today I decided to head into central because I needed new a new bra, I actually really recommend going on a Sunday just as the shops open and also when it is pouring it down with rain- not many people will be so stupid as to go shopping then, score! I got measured up and found I was TWO cup sizes bigger then I thought (sorry for being over sharey) but I always thought I was wearing the right size and I really wasn't so go to your local M&S and get measured, such nice ladies that work there, sorted me right out. And I got some swish new pyjama bottoms, I LOVE this print, I wanted the shorts and the nightie thing but restrained myself. All in all, a productive weekend with plenty of fun and exploring, what more could I ask for?
Simple things 
Hope you had a good one too! 

2 comments :

  1. They're very pretty- Celia Birtwell esque

    Shopping in the rain is definitely a top tip! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, aren't they! As soon as I saw them I had to snap them up x

      Delete

Back to Top