24.2.13

WEEKEND ROUND UP

fabric
We decided to take it easy this weekend, I feel like things have been mounting up recently so its nice to just stop and spend some time at home getting things in perspective.
I started Saturday buying new brogues from Kate Kanzier, I've been eyeing them up for ages and for £35 they are too good a price to pass up. I've also got my eye on some of the loafers there, perfect for when the weather gets a bit nicer.
I then headed over to Goldhawk Road to buy some fabric for some bits I'm working on at the minute. Does any body else feel a bit intimidated when buying fabric, or is it just me? I don't really know what kinds of fabric I should be buying most of the time and because they're never labelled with the material type/price/any info that is helpful, I just gravitate towards the pretty patterns. I could do with a fabric helper in these situations! Despite my fabric freak out, I managed to pick the two pictured above and have already got them stitched into my makes and they're looking pretty good, so a successful shopping trip in the end!
Today has been spent sewing, eating and not getting changed out of my pyjamas, the best kind of Sunday in my opinion. I feel like I've had chance to re-charge my batteries, ready for a new week to begin. What have you been up to?

7 comments :

  1. Ooh those brogues are gorgeous, I'm in the market for some new brogues at the moment so I'm feeling very tempted! xo

    Rosie | A Rosie Outlook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh you should get them, they are lovely. Feel really good quality too, quite surprising for the price!

      Delete
  2. Yeah I am about the same with material. They look really nice and 'springy'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the brogues & the pretty fabric! I've been meaning to go to Kate Kanzier for so long but still not made it there...in desperate need for new brogues so maybe next payday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a great weekend! I haven't done any sewing in so long - I think it's time to get my sewing machine out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fabric choices and wonderful brogues! I know what you mean about fabric shops though - even though I used to work in the fabric section of John Lewis I still feel overwhelmed! I always head straight for the polkadot ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh what an amazing job! Although if you still feel overwhelmed then there's no hope for the rest of us..!! If there's polka dots and stripes, I'm on it!

      Delete

Back to Top