8.3.13

BLOG LOVING

I love to read other peoples blogs every day, I love it when I get lost in a web of following link after link, discovering new blogs and amazing people that create such beautiful posts. To celebrate International Women's Day I want to share with you a few links to some posts that I have found particularly interesting recently written by some very talented ladies...


Picture credit: Randomly Happy

>> Elena from Randomly Happy is posting a step by step guide on how to make a gathered skirt, I would love to have one of these for every day of the week so I will certainly be joining in (when I get round to  picking my fabric!) You can follow her simple instructions over on her blog. I absolutely love the colour she has used to make hers, wouldn't it be nice with some embroidery on too...ohh that options!

>> I found this easy tutorial on how to do a fish tail braid over on Drifter and the Gypsy written as a guest post by Emily from It Girl Rag Doll. I'm trying to grow out my hair a bit and I always want to try new things with it (if I had the patience!), this looks much simpler then I thought it would be!


>> These beautiful prints by Lucy at Peas and Needles. I love London art work, these would look great in a child's nursery. 


>> Junkaholique was one of the first blogs I began reading and since the birth of their daughter I have loved the updates of all the things they have been making for her (such a talented couple!) and how they are adjusting to their new addition to the family. They seem to have this whole life thing pretty much nailed too, plenty of time spent exploring the country, visiting plenty of car boots, and making beautiful things for their job (Rust) and for their home. What more could you want!?

>> This post by Kirsty on A Safe Mooring on 3 ways to jazz up your blog is really interesting. I love blog design tips and I think her blog looks great. Doesn't the HTML&CSS book look so much fun?! I think learning design stuff would be so much easier with a book as beautiful as that. The links she gives throughout the post are all really helpful, well worth a read.


>> One of my favourite blogs is One Sheepish Girl by Meredith. She is seriously talented when it comes to sewing/crochet/knitting, her ideas are really inspiring and I love seeing what project she has on the go. She recently posted a 'how to' on embroidering shoulders, don't they look amazing? So simple but instantly make a plain sweater look interesting. She has some really great ideas on her blog that make me really want to learn how to knit!!


>> And finally, Charlotte from Lotts and Lots has posted a DIY on how to make a flower crown. We made these when we had our amazing blogger meet up by the sea and she talked us through how to make them then, she's such a natural teacher. Doesn't it make you want to have one especially for that Sunday morning trip to the supermarket?!

Hope you find some of these links useful. I would love to know what posts have been catching your eye this week.

4 comments :

  1. Love this round-up! I've really been craving some new inspiration for my Google Reader lately - so, perfect timing :)

    ...and I so wish I could follow Elena's tutorial but I don't have a sewing machine, boo :( one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely set of links :)

    Thank you!

    Rachel @ AMomentInTime.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for including me! I'm glad the tutorial was helpful, and I can vouch that the HTML&CSS book is even better in real life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I can't wait till I get paid so i can order it :)

      Delete

Back to Top