15.3.13

DIY iPHONE CASE

phonecasephonecase
I've had my boring iPhone case for over a year now. Isn't it just the most boring thing I could have picked?! I bought it when I first got my phone as a temporary one but haven't got round to replacing it yet (one year later...), I've only just changed my wallpaper from the one it came with! So I thought enough is enough, instead of buying a new one, I will save a bit of money and make the one I have look a little bit nicer.

I drew the 'design' with a pencil first and because this particularly boring case is a sillicone one, it made it super easy to punch the needle through. I like the bright colours I chose, it reminds me of chalk on a chalkboard! This definitely must mean I'm no longer boring, right? And all for 10 minutes of craft time, brill!

13 comments :

  1. Aww this looks supersweet! Really cool as well, makes me think of a party:) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! You can also write using this technique. Good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh that's a good idea, didn't think of that on my iphone case! :)

      Delete
  3. This is so cute and fun! Love how you decided to sew it in. It adds so much life and personality to your phone. And now it's one-of-a-kind! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cool..

    xo janika
    http://crazysketchbook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I need to make me some DIY iPhone cases!!! Maybe that will be my next project! ;) Thanks for sharing! -M
    asparrowshaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! I am thinking of doing the same with my own silicon case. How has this case been holding up? I'm wondering if puncturing the holes too close together (to cross-stich or make letters/words) would just tear the silicon apart? Have you had issues?

    Otherwise I think your case is beautiful and simple (unlike those gaudy expensive cases online!)

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its held up pretty well actually, I'm still using it now. I didn't have any issues putting multiple threads through the holes so I don't think it would tear the silicon putting them close together - the holes seem to disappear when the needle comes out too.
      The thread does get a little grubby but I didn't put any wax on it before using - so that might be a good idea?
      Hope that helps! :)

      Delete
  7. great job! i think i need to update mine soon!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top