11.3.13

FEAST, TOBACCO DOCK

feast
This weekend we went to FEAST which was held at Tobacco Dock in Wapping. Since booking the tickets a few weeks ago, I have been doing plenty of research in to which stalls to visit to get the most out of the day, although this all went out the window when we got there, everything looked too good!
Because of where it was held (an old tobacco storage factory) and our typical British weather, we spent the majority of our time there huddling under one of three heaters situated near the entrance, it was SO cold with a mix of hail and rain coming in through glass roof!? The venue looked great though, long benches with beautiful flowers and candles everywhere, they really put a lot of thought into it.
feast
feast
Even though we arrived fairly early when it opened it soon filled up, a few of the more popular stalls developed long queues but they seemed to go down pretty quickly so there wasn't any grumbling (from stomaches or mouths!). My tactic was to eat from street food sellers and not ones that have restaurants too, although I do wish I had got the lamb burger from Dishoom, everyone was walking round with one!
feast
The highlight for me was the Buttermilk fried chicken slider from Spit and Roast (a smaller version of the bun they sell) which was good value for £3.50 and the perfect size for an event like this.
feast
I am still dreaming of this burger now, seriously. The chicken was unbelievably good and the fennel slaw and korean hot sauce made it ridiculously tasty, I am going to have to hunt them out at Brockley Market I think!
feast
The pizza we shared from Pizza Pilgrims was very tasty and so quickly served, which I was really impressed with. The pizza tasted so fresh and the dough was so light, just what you want.
I also had a Hix Fish Dog which was nice but if I'm honest I wasn't overly fussed with but we did have the salted caramel dog-nuts from there which were sugary goodness.
feast
With Steven being vegetarian I think he found it slightly frustrating that not every stall had a veggie option and I was actually quite surprised that some of the food stalls didn't give an alternative but saying that he certainly had plenty to eat.
feast
feast
We finished our day off with the 'Special' from Meringue Girls which was (I wish I could think of another word) amazing!! The perfect amount of chew... and cream... and caramel... and pistachios!
feast
All in all we had a great day eating, definitely looking forward to the next one (hopefully when the weather is a bit warmer though)!

6 comments :

  1. I'm not going to lie, the lamb burger was pretty good. But that fried chicken slider was just as good! My favorite was the meringues and the big apple hot dog - hands down the best hot dog I've ever had. We went on the Saturday and it was still freezing, but at least there was no snow! Maybe they should go for an indoor venue next winter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh I knew it was going to be good, should have gone for it! I was tempted by the hot dog too but the queue put me off a little...I wish my stomach could have managed it all! I wish I could eat that much every weekend.
      Yes, an indoor venue next winter would be a good idea, or even just more heaters would have been good!

      Delete
  2. Oh my god, that all looks and sounds amazing! Wish I had gone now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like such a fun day!! Lovely photographs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. Disappointed I didn't get there this time (definitely going to the summer one!). That dessert looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I didn't realise the meringues came with cream and sauce! Boo, I missed out! Love the pics. I am actually salivating...

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top