2.3.13

IN WITH THE OLD

screen printing
On Thursday evening, myself and a friend went to a screen printing workshop held at In with the Old (not too far away from Angel tube station). I've done a little bit of screen printing before but didn't quite get the results I wanted, so I was looking forward to getting me a newly designed tote bag!
In with the Old is a lovely little shop selling all kinds of artists work, I spotted the Timbergram postcards and some lovely necklaces by Ladybird Likes and there were so many others that caught my eye. The shop was full to the brim with work on every wall/shelf/space you could see, it was quite hard to concentrate when there is so much stuff to look at!
In with the Old
Alice, the owner of In with the Old, held the workshop and replenished our glasses with wine when needed! I probably didn't pick the best stencil as there was a ridiculous amount of triangles to cut out but I was pleased with how it turned out.
screen printing
The class cost £20 and was a really fun way to spend an evening, I've been eyeing up their paper cutting workshop to try out next.
Don't you just love little shops like this, I would LOVE to have my own shop with a little cafe/gallery at the back...one day..!

Hope you have a lovely weekend, I'm heading back up North for a long weekend for my mums birthday, can't wait!

All pics were taken on my iPhone, there's just no time to get the dslr out when there's wine and cutting to be done! 

5 comments :

  1. The bag looks great! What a lovely little shop too :) I've been wanting to do a screen printing workshop for ages & this looks like quite a reasonably priced class, will check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love paper cutting but I'm not in London in that date :( Such a shame!

    Rachel @ AMomentInTime.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I've always wanted to have a go at some paper cutting, and £15 seems pretty reasonable. Let me know if you decide to go - I'd be up for joining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'll be able to make it as its my last day at my job the next day which means plenty of baking to be done that eve! Will defo be up for a different date though, I'll get in touch if they announce one?

      Delete
    2. Yes, do. I'd definitely be up for going to a class here. x

      Delete

Back to Top