18.3.13

TOURISTS FOR A DAY

Untitled
This weekend we had Steven's family visiting. I love it when we have visitors, not only do we get to see family and friends who we haven't seen for while but we also get to be one of those annoying tourists for a weekend, you know the type that stand on the left side of the escalator (!) and dawdle up the street with a backlog of people trying to get past (I know, I know...) But it also means that we get to explore places in London we haven't been to before and that is one reason why I love London so much, I don't think you could ever be bored here. Unfortunately the weather wasn't really up to scratch and the sideways rain and fierce winds made me a little worse for wear (as you can see in the picture above!) but we had a great time all the same.
We took the Clipper from the London Eye up to Greenwich which is a great touristy thing to do, it cost us £4 (with a travel card discount) and you get to see so much on the way, including HMS Belfast (highly recommend visiting), Tower Bridge and Canary Wharf.
maritime
When arriving at Greenwich the first thing you see is the Cutty Sark (wouldn't recommend this as much, quite over priced for what it is) and lucky for us we were greeted by the sun, for the only time this weekend! We took a stroll round the corner to the National Maritime Museum where we had a quick look in at the Arctic Convoy room (before we were evacuated due to a fire alarm), I love this area of London, it feels so different to any other part that I've been to.
greenwich
We then walked the VERY steep hill up to the Royal Observatory and took in the seriously amazing view of Canary Wharf and the City of London, I could have spent all day up there, if it wasn't for the howling wind! We finished the afternoon off with a stroll around Greenwich Market, I wish I hadn't eaten just before going here because the food stalls looked soooo good, we'll definitely be going back soon to give it all a try.
greenwich marketgreenwich marketgreenwich marketgreenwich market
I would love to hear if you have any great places to take tourists in London (obviously EVERYWHERE but you know what I mean!)

3 comments :

  1. Playing tourist in your own city is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww you guys are so cute! I miss your faces!

    I like taking people around Brixton Market and Deptford Market - kind of strange but I think they represent London really well, and are fun places!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, we'll have to arrange a trip to Brighton soon!

      I've not been to Deptford Market yet, its on my to do list, will have to go when the weather brightens up a bit (soon, hopefully!)

      Delete

Back to Top