28.6.13

25TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS

As my birthday fell on a Monday this year, I decided to take the day off and make it into a long weekend to fully embrace officially being in my mid-twenties.
I always feel a bit funny around my birthday, I never know whether I'm happy or sad about getting another year older, I also hate organising anything incase no one shows up! Luckily I didn't have to worry about that as Steven planned a whole day of fun and surprises with this sweet note left in my card to keep me guessing throughout the morning.

Birthday

We began the afternoon with a visit to my favourite Thai restaurant in Soho, Rosa's. Steven took me there last year and every time I have a pad thai it never compares to the one they make (although Thai Corner Cafe in East Dulwich is a close 2nd).

Rosa's
Rosa's

We had a feast of food with crackers and satay sauce, spring rolls (some of the best I've had!) and pad thai for me and a red curry with tofu for Steven, we sipped wine and beer and chatted about all the birthdays we've had together and realising just how far we've come over the past 5 and a half years - it seems getting old makes you sentimental!

Rosa's
Rosa's
Rosa's

With our bellies full to bursting we took a stroll around the posh bit of Central London, walking up to New Bond Street and peering in all the expensive shops with no customers, we haven't really walked around that area before so it was nice to see new buildings and attepting to celeb spot.

Fortnum & Mason

For the next part of my surprise we sauntered down Burlington Arcade and came out opposite Fortnum & Mason where Steven was grinning at me and I knew straight away we were going for ice cream! We had a reservation in The Parlour where we both ordered a sundae, mine was the 26 miles - with nuts and nougat and toffee icecream and caramel sauce and Steven had the Icy Nicey Mint - with kendal mint cake, mint choc chip ice cream, walnuts and maple syrup. It was pure indulgence but worth every penny.

Fortnum & Mason
Fortnum & Mason
Fortnum & Mason

We ended the day with birthday cake (the smallest slice because you have to on your birthday) and admiring my lovely gifts. 

25 has got off to a pretty good start.

2 comments :

  1. Aww this looks like the best birthday ever! Steven is so sweet x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so much fun, very thoughtful! I'm wishing I had some of that ice cream today though...!

      Delete

Back to Top