10.6.13

BRIGHTON AND BIRTHDAYS

How was your weekend?
Steven's birthday was on Sunday but it turned into a whole weekend of celebrations, we had such a good time! It went so fast though and now its Monday and I'm back at work. Crap.
We got up early on Saturday to take the train to Brighton for the day (£10 day return from London Bridge, bargain!) and to enjoy the sun. When we left London it was freezing and cloudy so we didn't have high hopes for the weather but oh my, it was SO hot. Black tights are never appropriate in hot weather, lesson learnt.
We got some food, walked to the beach and had an ice cream, got really badly sunburnt and ended up meeting up with some friends in the evening for food and drinks. I love unplanned days like this, they always end up being so much fun. I've made a little video of the day which I'll share later in the week once I've finished it off- completely new territory for me!
We didn't get back to London till after midnight and ended up waking up early on Sunday because we were too excited for Steven to open his presents, we had a nice breakfast before I took him to Dishoom for some of the best food I've ever eaten. Because I wear a clear brace I can't eat curries because it will stain my brackets bright yellow (one year down...) so it was extra special for us (I had a chicken roomali roll which was so so good - and it only stained the tiniest bit). Then we went home and ate chocolate fudge cake washed down with chocolate milkshake. Such a good weekend!
Here are a few pictures...

brighton

brighton

brighton

brighton

brighton

brighton

brighton

brighton

brighton

brighton

birthday

What did you get upto? Hope you managed to enjoy the sun!

4 comments :

  1. Clearly I should have gone to Brighton... It was so chilly in London over the weekend which was sad because I had plans to hang out by the pool. Glad you had such a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Thats a shame, I certainly feel like I managed to squeeze in a little holiday with all the sun we got! x

      Delete
  2. Love Brighton and sunshine! Love your pics too - that bunting one is beautiful, x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I wish every street has bunting like that one, certainly perked it up a little bit x

      Delete

Back to Top