21.6.13

TEA + CRAFTING

tea+crafting

Back in March when I changed jobs, the lovely people at my old place bought me a voucher to use at Tea and Crafting, "So you can finally learn how to knit!" - they were listening to me harp on after all! I find it difficult to learn crafty things from videos/books, so a small class like this was perfect for me.

tea+crafting
tea+crafting

Tea and Crafting is owned by the lovely Jane Gois who impressed me straight away with her skills of knitting with her eyes closed, I knew I wouldn't be quite at that standard by the time I left but she did promise me I would definitely be able to knit. The workshops are held in her studio in Camden Lock, a very serene place away from the hustle and bustle of the market downstairs - and decorated beautifully, it was like walking into an interiors board on Pinterest.

tea+crafting
tea+crafting
tea+crafting
tea+crafting

The class lasted about 2 and a half hours, all the materials were supplied (which we got to keep!) and I have to say Jane's patience with us newbie knitters was medal worthy. We learnt two stitches - knit and purl, how to cast on and cast off, she gave us tips on things we could make with our stitches and the best wool to buy and even where to buy it from!

tea+crafting
tea+crafting

I'd really recommend having a look on her website and signing up to learn a new craft, or even to brush up on an old one, the prices are so reasonable it would be silly not to really -and that's coming from a tight northerner!

And here's what I made...

tea+crafting

I wish! But that is something I COULD make with my new found skill...here is the real thing

tea+crafting

Not quite as impressive but I'm chuffed all the same, I'm thinking of taking the granny crochet squares class next...ohh the possibilities!

tea+crafting

5 comments :

  1. This is so exciting! I already know how to knit but I would love love love to learn how to crochet. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crochet is next on the cards for me I think, those granny squares are calling my name!!

      Delete
  2. I loved this post so much! The class sounds amazing- I need a nice patient teacher like that! How gorgeous is her little studio, too? I so wish I was talented enough to make lovely blankets like that. One day, maybe! :)

    www.ciderwithrosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie! Ohh you should definitely sign up for a class, Jane is brilliant, I learnt so much and I have the attention span of a goldfish! I'm determined to make a cowl...I will make a cowl...I will make a cowl...!

      Delete
  3. Hi Everyone :) Jo is completely correct when she says Jane is brilliant. I went to her beginner knitting class two years ago and since then I have caught the knitting bug lol

    Rosie, def sign up for her classes you'll enjoy it,really.

    Jo..knitting a cowl - thats my must knit too lol!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top