19.7.13

DAY TRIP TO WHITSTABLE

whitstable

A couple of weeks ago we took a ride out to Whitstable (before this insane weather) for some sea air and a bag of chips. We've been meaning to go for a while as it's only an hours drive away from London and after visiting I can't believe we hadn't been sooner!

whitstable
whitstable

Situated on the north coast of Kent, Whitstable is such a lovely little place with so many stalls, shops and restaurants selling all kinds of sea food from cockles to eels and crabs to Whitstable's most famous export, oysters!

whitstable
whitstable
whitstable

I certainly think if you eat sea food you would be in your element but a stroll around the harbour was enough for us!  The weather wasn't particularly great - before I looked back at the pictures I had forgotten what a cloud looked like, and it probably wasn't the best idea to wear a dress either (I think the whole of Whitstable got an eye full).

whitstable
whitstable
whitstable

I'm really looking forward to going back soon whilst the sun is still shining - mainly because they were some tasty chips!

6 comments :

  1. LOVE that black and white photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Whitstable about 6 weeks ago - it was SO lovely!! I'll definitely go back. I like Oysters, although they're usually not my favourite. The Whitstable ones were amazing, though! So tasty and enormous! I also thought the town centre was really cute. Definitely somewhere to go back to. My mum used to live there when she was at uni in Canterbury, so am trying to convince my parents they should come down with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The town centre is really lovely, all the shops are so quaint - and full of amazing handmade pieces!
      Very jealous of your mum living there whilst she was at uni, I bet its such a peaceful place to be.

      Delete
  3. These photos are amazing! What a beautiful little coastal town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab pictures - we're big Broadstairs fans but still haven't made it to Whitstable. Must do this summer.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top