31.7.13

DISHOOM

Dishoom

Dishoom is certainly no secret here in London, I don't think I've heard a bad word said about it in reviews and from friends who have been. We first went in June for Steven's birthday and enjoyed it so much we couldn't resist a visit with my mum and step dad who were visiting this weekend, I just want to share the tasty flavours with everyone I know!

Dishoom

Dishoom takes inspiration from the cafes of Bombay- of which, we were told are a dying breed, serving an all day menu and food that is so tasty you will just have to go back.

We chose to go to the Covent Garden cafe but they have another one in Shoreditch and the waiter told us they will be opening one more central soon they hope. He also mentioned that the two restaurants have very different vibes, so worth checking the other one out.  The atmosphere is infectious, its busy and loud with all kinds of people getting together to enjoy the food and have good conversation. Helpfully, the tables are close together so you can have a peak at what your neighbours are eating and get some inspiration for what to order.

Dishoom

Dishoom

Because I was with fellow meat eaters, we went all out and ordered a few dishes off the menu to share - as the waiter said its the way its suppose to be done. We had the Murgh Malai, Lamb Boti Kabab and Gunpowder Potatoes with the creamiest House Black Daal and the Behl (the Behl was one of my favourite things, it is so light and fresh and not to mention super spicy) and the thinest handkerchief style bread I've ever seen. The mixture of it all together was something I will not forget in a hurry. My mouth is watering as I'm typing this! (I didn't get a picture of everything we ate, that would have wasted too much stuffing-our-faces-time!)

Dishoom

Dishoom

Dishoom

You know the food is seriously good when you wake up the next day and it's the first thing you think about. The last time that happened was after I had a buttermilk fried chicken burger from Spit & Roast at Feast. I thought about the burger so much I had to hunt them down the next week to get another one. I'm so weak.

Dishoom

We finished the meal off with a Kala Khatta Gola Ice which was ice flakes with syrup, chilli, lime and white and black salt. My tongue didn't have a clue what was going on, it was strangely tasty in a refreshing way and the salt certainly made it moorish. We also tried the Kulfi on a stick which was perfect after too much chilli!

Dishoom

Happy/full faces!

For me, Dishoom is my kind of restaurant. Relaxed and informal, with loads of atmosphere, good service and unbeatable food. Go!

5 comments :

  1. I just came across your blog and I think it was fate - I'm a Northener living in London with my boyfriend, too! Although, I'm still working on the employment part!

    Dishoom looks amazing - you say there's one near Shoreditch? I'm going to have to hunt it down! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh what are the chances, we're quite a rare bunch down here so we've got to stick together! :) hope the employment part picks up soon, I'm sure it will!
      You definitely have to try the Shoreditch one, let me know how it is x

      Delete
  2. Thank you for dropping by my blog - have promptly followed you on Bloglovin'! I went to Dishoom Covent Garden with work and it was delicious, I'm allergic to nuts and they were super attentive and understanding and I had the best cheese on toast ever there - weird considering I could have been so much more exciting with my choices xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw someone eating the cheese on toast on a different table, then got food envy - good choice! x

      Delete

Back to Top