3.7.13

HOMESLICE PIZZA

Carrying on with our never ending quest of finding the best pizza in London (Franco Manca is still winning by the way) we took a mid week visit to Homeslice Pizza in Neal Yards, not too far from Covent Garden -speaking of Covent Garden, did you know Shake Shack is opening up there on Friday?!?! - the menu looks so good, I'm pretty excited!

homeslice
homeslice
homeslice

Anyway, back to pizza! Homeslice serves pizza by the slice (on selected pizzas only) or by a whopping 20 inch pizza, obviously we chose the 20 incher and did a 50/50, Steven chose the mushroom, ricotta and pumpkin seed topping and my side was a Caprese pizza - loads of fresh tomatoes, onion, basil and chunks of mozzarella. 

homeslice

It was so good, its making me salivate thinking about it now. The toppings on my side were so fresh and light so it didn't feel too much to eat and I'm not 100% but I'm sure they put garlic on the base or as a maybe a garlic oil on top so it gives it this extra flavour which makes you not want to stop eating it, ever! 

homeslice
homeslice

Steven really liked his mushroom one but he did say it was quite salty so after a couple of slices it felt a little too much to finish - not that he left anything though, I think he was just trying his best to get his hands on my side! We had a really good waiter too who was so helpful with the menu and really welcoming- good service should always be recognised! 
I'd recommend anyone to go there if you're in the area, actually, it's even worth making a special visit for, its bloody good! 

7 comments :

  1. We stumbled upon homeslice back in may and we were so glad we did! The pizzas are gigantic and taste delish! we opted for the 20 inch beast too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, those pizzas look so delicious. I can't really have pizza anymore, but your photos crumble my resistance just a little bit! EEEK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm this looks so good! You can't beat a top notch pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo, have you had a chance to visit us in Covent Garden? We're thrilled with the welcome we've received in London!

    Our team can't wait to see you soon at the Shack!

    Brandy, Shake Shack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet, I don't think I can face the queues in this heat! Will definitely be going soon though :)

      Delete

Back to Top