29.7.13

JAM PACKED WEEKEND

It's Monday already?!
I can't believe how fast the weeks are going! Nothing is getting completed on my to do list, my blog is feeling a little neglected and my bedroom is in need of a good tidy but its fine, the sun has been shining and walking around London in this weather makes me feel like I'm on a mini holiday.

My mum and step dad came to visit this weekend (yeah, both sets of parents within a week of each other, I must be mad) but we had a lovely time stuffing our faces and walking a million miles. We kicked the weekend off with a night in on Friday with wine, a takeaway and plenty of chocolate all whilst having a good natter.

o2

We headed over to the o2 early on Saturday morning to go to the British Music Experience. I've never been to the o2 before -I didn't realise it was full of restaurants and a cinema, I think I thought it was just a massive arena with nothing else. You couldn't take any pictures inside but we had lots of fun listening to old and new songs and even having a go on some drums/guitars/keyboards in the music room. The whole thing was very interactive with headphones everywhere and these little cards that when pressed against some information it stores it ready to read at home later.
We managed to get the tickets for half price through the Time Out offers thing they do but its not a bad price for £13.

Highline

Afterwards we took the Emirates Air Line over to Royal Victoria and took in the views along the way. If you're looking for touristy things to do in London then this is definitely a cheap and fun thing to add to the list- if you have an Oyster card it only costs £3.20 one way or £6.40 to do the full round trip. Really good value and a great opportunity to see that side of London.

Highline

Beach

As we were in the air we noticed a temporary beach down below so as soon as we got off we went to check it out, there was hula-hooping, a bar on a boat, windsurfing, some weird jet pack water surfing thing and so many people just enjoying the lovely sunshine. I really love London for its use of space, my mum commented that nearly every corner you walk around there is something different happening.

Beach

Greenwich Market

Greenwich Market

We finished the afternoon off with a mooch around Greenwich and popped into the market for a fresh lemonade, then we took on the steep climb up to the observatory and had a well deserved rest on the grass for a little while.

Greenwich

I love the view up there, its just so peaceful.

After a bit of a lie-in on Sunday morning we went out for some food in the afternoon (tasty tasty food which I'll talk about later in the week) and took a stroll along the Southbank where they currently have a community garden project going on where they are growing all kinds of veg and herbs with a little information about each.

Southbank

Southbank

Southbank

Southbank is the place in London where I feel like I am actually in London, if you know what I mean? It reminds me of the times I visited London before we moved here and being amazed at how much is going on and how much you can see - Big Ben, London Eye, House of Parliament etc. It gets me every time.

Southbank

So now it's the working week again and I'm counting down to my well earned rest at the weekend! 

Hope you had a good one too!

5 comments :

  1. That sounds like so much fun, I do love London for how there's always something to do and always something popping up to visit! We were at Docklands last weekend and someone recommended going to the o2 for dinner, I had no idea there were restaurants in there either! Wish we'd had time to do more as the Air Line looks fun too!xo

    Rosie | A Rosie Outlook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try the Air Line, really good value - only if you like heights though! x

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great weekend! That beach looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we had our beach wear with us when we went, far too tempting to sit there all day!

      Delete
  3. You always find the best places to go at the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top