27.8.13

BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND

Southbank Village  Fete

Well, what a bank holiday! I thought it was going to be a bit hit and miss with the torrential down pour on Saturday but I'm happy we got to end it on a beautiful hot day - and hopefully not the last one of the year!

Southbank Village  Fete
Southbank Village  Fete

I met up with Jess at the Southbank Village Fair for a few hours of inspiring talks and crafty goings-on. It was really lovely to see so many different crafts being taught and so nice to see people learning how to knit from the lovely folks at Stitch London.

Southbank Village  Fete
Southbank Village  Fete

Jess kindly and patiently taught me how to begin crocheting my first granny square and I gave her a couple of tips on using her new camera, skills swapping is just the best! I'd love to carry on crocheting, I have big ideas of thing I could make, I just get distracted far too easily!

Southbank Village  Fete

We were lucky enough to meet up with Steven's sister and husband and their two beauitful girls as they were visiting London for the weekend. We had tickets to go look round The State Rooms in Buckingham Palace which has been on my London to do list since we moved so I'm glad I can cross that off. I really recommend going if you get the chance, it is so unbelievably grand inside (obviously) and really interesting to hear all the facts from the audio guide. And now I can officially say I've been inside Buckingham Palace!

Buckingham Palace
Buckingham Palace
Buckingham Palace

Afterwards we took a long walk to the Southbank to take in the sights and get the Clipper up to Greenwich where by then the two girls had really had enough. With not having kids we didn't quite realise just how tough it could be taking two small children around London, they get tired - and grumpy, fairly quickly but then as soon as they get a mardy on they get energy and run off in all directions, I couldn't keep up!
We had a lovely day with them though and its always sad saying goodbye. I hope they remember this trip in years to come, hopefully the bears we bought them will help them remember.

Greenwich

Our extra day off meant a lie-in, breakfast in bed, plenty of Dexter and some nice food. If only every weekend could consist of 3 days - 2 for fun and 1 for relaxing!

Hope you had a good weekend too!

3 comments :

  1. Such a fun day. I heart alpacas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow what a lovely weekend, very jealous! I love all your pictures as always and am super jealous you got to go explore the state rooms! I went to Crystal Palace, but the dinosaurs scared me a bit! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha they are a bit scary - I don't know how they came up with some of them! Definitely go to Buckingham Palace if you can - well worth it! x

      Delete

Back to Top