14.8.13

CARAVANNING IN CAMBRIDGESHIRE

Cambridgeshire

After the fun we had on last year's long weekend in Cornwall, we decided to join my mum and step dad again for a few days caravanning in Cambridgeshire. I'm enjoying making new traditions as I get older, I always feel so envious of the people with huge families where they all descend to the same place every summer for a week or so, it seems so idyllic.
Saying that though, the time we spend with my mum and step dad is flipping brilliant and my brother and his girlfriend even joined us for a couple of days this year, so we're kind of getting there. 

As a kid we always went caravanning for our summer holidays, towing the tiniest van all over England to enjoy the scorching summer weather we had back then.
We only had rain once this time (unlike last years wash out) which lasted all through the first night, we sleep in a bedroom extension in the awning so a night of broken sleep it certainly was - and I can't forget the pigeon that woke us up every morning cooing, although I kinda miss him now I'm back at work!

I decided a few weeks ago I'd have another go at making a video like I did for our day trip to Brighton, it was only when we were stuck firmly in a traffic jam for about an hour did I realise I had left my camera battery in the charger...in my bedroom. After a fair few swear words and having major sulk for a while did I realise that all is not lost, I had my iPad (yes, I was one of those people who had their iPad out everywhere I went. I think I had a good enough excuse though!) and my phone for taking a few snippets here and there. It would have been so nice to have my camera with me, I really did miss using it this weekend but I guess it gave my shoulder a rest and made me get inventive with my crappy phone camera.

In 4 days we went on 3 boats, visited Cambridgeshire and went punting, ate a cooked breakfast every morning (holidaying with mums are the best!) and played plenty of Trivial Pursuit. We went on a few more day trips around the area and even though the sun only came out once or twice but we had such a lovely time, I'm already looking forward to next years trip!

Here are a few pictures I took on my phone, I'm still putting together the video so will hopefully be able to share that soon.
Cambridgeshire
Cambridgeshire
Cambridgeshire
Cambridgeshire
Cambridgeshire
Cambridgeshire
Cambridgeshire
Cambridgeshire
Cambridgeshire
CambridgeshireCambridgeshire

I'm really looking forward to going back and exploring more of Cambridge sometime soon, such a beautiful city.

4 comments :

  1. Lovely photos! I'd love to get to Cambridge, it isn't that far away really is it. I love the duck photo and the sail boat on the coffee is pretty cool! It sounds like you had an amazing time xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised how close it is (despite the 3 hour journey) will definitely have to make another visit, I'd love to go to Oxford too. So many places, shame I've got to work :( xx

      Delete
  2. Looks like you were in Ely, that's where I live. Glad you had a good time! Were you in Ely on Saturday? I have a vintage stall on Ely market on a Saturday, might have met you without knowing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were in Ely! On Friday though, we went to Cambridge on Saturday, would have swapped it round if I knew a market was on! I didn't realise you live there, its such a lovely little place. The gardens for the Cathedral are beautiful! x

      Delete

Back to Top