3.10.13

GOOGLE, FOOD AND PHOTOGRAPHY

Google+ event
Google+ event
Google+ event
Google+ event
Google+ event
Google+ event
Google+ event
Last week I went to Google for an event with the Great British Chefs for a food photography workshop as part of Social Media Week.
Chef Marcus Wareing from The Gilbert Scott spoke to us about how he felt about food bloggers (basically he likes it when you take good pictures of his food) and food photographer David Griffen (whose work is so bloody good) gave us tips on how to get the best pictures out of our cameras - whether its on a phone or dslr. He also gave us tips on which apps to use and even how to use an EMPTY wine glass as a tripod, handy!
We got to try food from The Gilbert Scott chefs which was very fancy - rabbit and prawn pie anyone?- and I also made a few new friends who are interested in food blogging, I love talking about blogging!
One of the reasons why I wanted to mention it on here is because I only got to go because of my participation on Google+. I've been really trying to get to grips with it recently and feel like I'm slowly getting there. Yes, I am treating it as homework but I feel there are a lot of benefits from using it -not just blog related stuff either. I am still trying to work it out though so I'll get back to you when I finally (hopefully) get there.

7 comments :

  1. mmmm...the food looks lush! I would greatly appreciate some help with google+, my page has been completely neglected x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's difficult to get your head round but I think persistence is key!

      Delete
  2. I thought I just commented but I'm not sure I did? Or if I did then I wasn't signed it? WHO KNOWS WHAT TRICKERY THE INTERNET HAS PLAYED ON ME.

    That food looks amazing, and I'm so jealous of your photography skillz! I keep meaning to look into Google + as I hear more and more about the benefits it brings. I think I'd approach it in the homework kind of way too xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that pesky internet and its wily ways!

      Get yourself on Google+ - I'm rather lonely over there!! x

      Delete
  3. this sounds like such a great opportunity! those burgers look absolutely delicious.
    Saida xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were very tasty, they had this lovely chutney on which I could have eaten by the bucket load! x

      Delete
  4. That's so exciting! I'm getting my head around Google+ for clients, and eventually I'll join, too - it's so important because, duh, it's Google and they own the internet.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top