21.10.13

MY SATURDAY

Dishoom
Dishoom
Dishoom

After a bit of a weird week (thank you all for the kind comments and emails, it means a lot), we decided to have a nice day out on Saturday to get back to normal. Our first stop was for breakfast at Dishoom, after visiting the Covent Garden one twice I've heard good good things about their breakfasts and holy moly, it did not disappoint.
The Shoreditch restaurant has a much more relaxed feel then the Covent Garden one, its much larger so probably easier to get a table here on an evening but I really need to tell you about the bacon naan I had. Grilled thick slices of bacon with cream cheese, herbs and chilli jam served in a warm naan, my mouth is watering thinking about it. Steven had an omelette served on french toast with grilled vine tomatoes on the side, at first I had food envy but I'm glad I went with the bacon, it was just too good. We don't often go out for breakfast, we like to have it at home in our pjs but I want to go back to Dishoom every Saturday now.

Geffrye Museum
Geffrye Museum

After filling our bellies we walked up the road to the Geffrye Museum. The building and grounds are so beautiful, it would be a lovely place to have a picnic in the summer. The museum is great, really interesting details on how the middle classes decorated and used their rooms from 1600 to the present day, I loved the room set ups of the 20th century - especially the 60s one, dreamy!

We then headed out for some more food and a drink but more on that later in the week (it was a good one!). Glad to be feeling a bit more normal now, a nice day out was just what I needed.

4 comments :

  1. I need to go get breakfast from Dishoom. I still fondly remember their spicy cheese on toast. OMNOM.

    Hope you're feeling more yourself now x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god, I'm still harping on about it today, it was so bloody good! x

      Delete
  2. that breakfast sounds so good - I never even knew that could be a breakfast option! Although breakfast in your pjs is great, I love going out for it as it's pretty rare. Glad you're feeling better! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work at the Geffrye museum in school holidays, helping out with kids craft workshops. It's a lovely little museum, isn't it? I could live in the mid-century living room - Mad Men-tastic! Check it out in the summer when the garden (round the back) is looking it's best.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top