11.11.13

BONFIRE AND BREAKFAST

Google Local Bonfire night
Google Local Bonfire night
Google Local Bonfire night
Google Local Bonfire night
Google Local Bonfire night
Google Local Bonfire night

Last week I got invited to the Queen of Hoxton for a Google City Expert's bonfire night, which was so much fun. They had this big tipi on the rooftop with loads of food (venison burgers and wild boar sausages) and fire pits ready for toasting marshmallows and my new favourite drink - hot buttered rum. Wowzers. I had loads of fun and smelt like a bonfire for at least 3 days after, probably from getting too close to the fire with those marshmallows...oops! It was definitely a nice way to spend bonfire night as we're usually a bit reluctant to stand in a field waiting for 5 minutes of fireworks!

breakfast
tea

On Friday we went to see Jimmy Eat World (ohhhhh yes!) with our friend Lizi and then went out for breakfast the next day at The Victoria Inn in Peckham which was deeeee-licious. The rest of the day I tidied the bedroom and re-organised my little craft desk - more pictures to follow when the light is a little better. I've got 3 days off at the end of this week which I can't bloody wait for. The last time I had a week off was in May so I am more then ready for a few days of relaxing, I'm hoping.

Hope you had a good weekend too!

4 comments :

  1. ooh that bonfire night looks lush! to be fair the fireworks in brockwell park were pretty fun but there weren't any wild boar sausages or hot buttered rum (dear lord that sounds good) so you definitely win :)
    jimmy eat world!! 'sweetness' was always my favourite - ah youth! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I felt like I was 14 all over again, I loved it! I enjoyed that the average age was at least 28 too, HA! :( x

      Delete
  2. That bonfire night looks AMAZING!! I'm also really in to hot buttered rum at the moment. Have you been to Hawker House yet? They are doing a mean hot buttered rum at their warm bar, though it is very much on the boozy side of boozy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh that sounds good, haven't been yet. I'm tempted but I fear the queues will be pretty big? A visit for hot buttered rum is rather tempting though!

      Delete

Back to Top