8.11.13

LONDON EXHIBITION ROUND UP

It's been a loooong time since I did an exhibition round up but there are so many good ones on at the minute I thought I would share the ones that are on the top of my list.


First up and the one I'm most looking forward to seeing is Only in England: Photographs by Tony Ray-Jones and Martin Parr, not only because Martin Parr has a soft spot in my heart from when he gave a talk at our uni (he collects wallpaper!) but I'm also really looking forward to seeing the Science Museum's new Media Space. This is one exhibition not to be missed.

The exhibition is on now until 16th March 2014 and costs £8.



Gimpel Fils are currently holding an exhibition of the late Corrine Day's early work. All images are unseen and show friends and relationships that formed over 20 years ago in her and her partner's flat.

This exhibition is on until the 23rd November.


Philip-Lorca diCorcia East of Eden at David Zwirner. You've still got a week or so to see this so make sure you find the time. The description of it sounds really fascinating (I can't do it any justice, so go and have a read) and his Hustlers series is a firm favourite of mine. Really beautiful photography.

On until 16th November.

Hello, my name is Paul Smith at the Design Museum. Paul Smith galore! Need I say more?!

On from 15th November - 9th March 2014. Tickets are £11.85.

Home Truths: Photography, Motherhood and Loss at the Foundling Museum. Anyone who has studied photography has more then likely come across Susan Bright (it's bringing back some awful memories of doing my dissertation!) who curated this exhibition that explores the theme of loss in the relationship between mother and child. 

On until 5th January and tickets cost £4.

World Press Photo 2013 at Royal Festival Hall. I try and go every year to this, the images are often so unbelievably outstanding with such a wide variety of styles of subject. It's so nice seeing press pictures in an exhibition environment too, really makes a difference to flicking through the paper in the morning. 

It's on until 26th November and its free!

I hope this was useful and if you've been to/heard of any good exhibitions then please let me know!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top