15.11.13

NICE THINGS

Kew Gardens


A few interesting things I've found in the big world of the web that I want to share with you...
(Picture above is completely unrelated to anything in this post...but does look rather nice sooo...)

Ikea Hackers! I'm not quite sure how I haven't come across this yet but of course there is a website out there for home modified Ikea items! Before I found this, I had just jazzed up our Expedit bookcase (yesss, we have one of those along with everyone else in the country) by lining it with some shelf adhesive so it was a very appropriate find. From the big to the small, there's something for even the cheese grater you got for a couple of quid!

I got emailed this Beginners Guide to Selling on Etsy the other day (this post isn't sponsored/ nor am I being paid or bribed or held at gun point to share this link) and I think it is SO useful. When I was trying to set up my Etsy shop way back at the beginning of the year, I wish this had been brought to my attention so I felt a little more ready (I recently closed it because I wasn't ready, go figure!)
The links that they supply on the 'No' sections are genuinely really helpful, so if you or anyone you know is about to set up shop - take a look at this first.

I recently met Ché very briefly at Freya's birthday/engagement extravaganza and we did that whole awkward conversation of 'What's your blog called?' and then you have to say your blogs name out loud and it doesn't really make sense when said out loud and then you die of cringing so much. BUT, Ché was so lovely and so funny that I wish I had spoken to her more and stupidly I've only just looked her blog up and it is so flipping good, I just love her drawings (and the conversations she has with her husband). So go have a look at IndieBerries!

I always enjoy reading Helena's blog, she writes very openly about all the skills she is learning from her photography based degree and how she is putting these into practise in the real world (something I wish I had done whilst at uni!). I found the post she recently wrote on Comparing, Copying and Imitating really interesting and got me thinking a lot about my process of working and what I do to improve and learn and develop. Definitely worth reading for all photographers out there, beginners or not.

9 comments :

  1. Thank you for these interesting links!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two excellent looking new blogs that I wasn't reading before - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love ikea hackers. just clocked on indieberries and according to the clock I've been looking at it solidly for half an hour! v.good stuff indeed - thanks for the link! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great links - the Etsy one is so useful, and I'm now thinking of all the things I can make this weekend after reading the Ikea hacks site!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, thank you so much for including me, Jo! That's so lovely of you, and I really appreciate it. I'm always glad if what I write about resonates with people, and helps you out in some way or gets you thinking.
    The guide to selling on Etsy looks really interesting as well. Will definitely have a closer look at that tomorrow! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem at all, I've been feeling very inspired this week from your post. See you on Saturday :) x

      Delete
  6. thank you for your lovely words! I also get the Etsy sellers emails and find them SO useful! I am doing my first market at the end of November - so they have been so handy! hopefully will relaunch my etsy store again soon! i love your embroidered cards! so cute!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your first market, hopefully I will be able to pop down! x

      Delete
  7. Haha I've never actually said my blog's name out loud, but I imagine it would be quite awkward in a room full of people!

    { Teffys Perks Blog } X

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top