16.12.13

A FESTIVE WEEKEND

vodka
breakfast
craftyfox

We had our lovely friends Nick and Sarah visiting us this weekend (with homemade vodka in hand!) so we took it as a chance to get the Christmas decorations up, the mulled wine simmering on the hob and to finally crack out those Christmas straws I've been saving since I bought them in September, yes! We started Saturday with a cooked breakfast (note to self, we definitely need a 4 slice toaster) and then took a short walk around the corner to the Bussey Building to go to the Crafty Fox Market. After how good last weeks one was in Brixton I didn't want to pass up the opportunity of getting in some forgotten about last minute Christmas presents. We had a slow walk around as it was super busy but all the stalls were brilliant and I bought the loveliest postcard made by Paper Moon, her stuff is beautiful. And I can't not mention Harriet Riddell of InStitchYou who does portraits on a sewing machine in 15 minutes, I have never been more impressed in my life!

xmas market
market
mulledwine

Afterwards we took the train up to the Southbank and endured the hell of trudging behind every tourist in London just to get a cup of mulled wine. Wow, I suddenly turned into Scrooge for a second there! Although it was mega busy it did start to make me feel a bit more Christmassy and we ended up walking around central looking at all the lights with plenty of oohing and ahhing. I really love London this time of year, it feels so magical! We then headed back to our place for a takeaway, more mulled wine and X Factor, obviously!

Hope you had a good weekend too!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top