13.1.14

A WEEKEND WITH MY SWEET

Japanese
Thames

I started the weekend off on Friday evening by taking Steven out for the night, it's not often I get to treat him so its nice when I can. We started off at Taro in Soho, we haven't been before and we were pretty rushed to make it to the next place but the food was oh sooo good. It's always nice going to Japanese restaurants as Steven gets so much more choice due to the amount of tofu that is on the menu. We're looking forward to going back soon to eat our food a little slowly and try a few other dishes.

With full to bursting bellies we half ran to the ICA to watch The Punk Singer, a film about Kathleen Hanna (of Bikini Kill, Le Tigre and the Riot Grrrl movement), which was incredibly inspiring and so informative. Not only do I have an over whelming urge to be in a feminist punk band (sadly I have no rhythm/musical genes/any kind of a singing voice) but I've also started reading Girls to the Front by Sara Marcus to learn more about the whole thing - isn't it great when a film does that?!

Peckham Rye
Peckham Rye
Peckham Rye

The rest of the weekend was pretty chilled out, plenty of sleeping and watching TV and a Sunday morning stroll around a freezing Peckham Rye park with a tasty hot chocolate to warm our cockles up.

Hope you all had a good weekend too!

6 comments :

  1. Fabulous photos my darling - thank you for your comment on mine, it made me super happy!

    I love those photos of you both on the bridge! Your night sounds so cultured and interesting, glad you had a good'un x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Becca! We had fun being tourists for a minute :) x

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a really good weekend! And yes, it's fantastic, when a film is able to last longer and inspire. I had the same feeling when I watched "Only lovers left alive" last week - only in a visual way...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh i haven't watched that, I'll have to add it to the list! x

      Delete
  3. that pic of you both on the bridge is sweeeet!That film sounds v.interesting - I used to love le tigre and my friend has recently been playing me lots of bikini kill, might she is she's heard of this book...
    sounds like a perfect weekend :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding the book a little difficult to get into to be honest I'm sticking with it, I want to know EVERYTHING about it! They said the film is coming over to cinemas here later this year so keep an eye out x

      Delete

Back to Top