10.1.14

GANAPATI

Ganapati
Ganapati
Ganapati
Ganapati
Ganapati
Ganapati
Ganapati

We've been living in Peckham for approximately 3 years now and have been meaning to go to Ganapati ever since moving south of the river. I've heard nothing but good words spoken about this place and I'm a little embarrassed to admit that we live about a 30 seconds walk away and have only just visited.
But enough of the dwelling, all I can say is that I'm glad we have finally visited and what a visit it was. We hot footed our way over for lunch (I'd advise booking) on a rare week day off from work. The rain was persistent and the winds were a blowing but the comforting smell and taste of the curry was enough to make me forget all about it.
We started off with the vegetarian street snacks which were spicy potato balls and chilli patties served with amazing chilli and coconut dips. Our tastebuds were tingling and we were ready for the curry!
I ordered the chicken curry and Steven the vegetable thali. Both came with rice, poppadoms, raita and Stevens had a few extra pickles and they were both an unbelievable price of £6 each. I couldn't get enough of the kerala paratha though, the layered flat bread that was similar to a pancake and reminded me a little like a croissant too, it was so tasty and really filling.

You should definitely make a visit as soon as possible.

3 comments :

  1. I do love an indian. I rarely venture south of the river - East London girl! - but might have to make a special trip for this!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, it looks and sounds delicious and as always your photos are amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this looks amazing, will have to visit. That paratha - yum!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top