29.1.14

ROME - PART I

Rome
Rome

Rome
Rome
Rome
Rome
Rome
Rome
Rome
Rome
Rome
Rome


Rome
Rome
Rome
Rome
Rome
Rome
Rome
Rome
Rome


I can't quite get over how beautiful a city Rome is, every corner we turned seemed to have history seeping out of each building, it really is a place where you want to just stop and take it all in. We didn't have the best weather while we were there (who'd have thought in the middle of January...), for the first two days the sky was just pure grey with solid cloud but the sun came out by Saturday and what a difference it made to the feel of the place. I think because we went out of holiday season we didn't really get to experience the real Rome, the one that everyone talks about...but, we barely had to queue or push ourselves through a crowd and it just meant we got to eat more pizza to keep warm so I was more then happy with that.
We really had such a lovely time walking and walking and walking, everywhere. I was actually pretty surprised as to how close everything is, what looks like a good half an hour walk on our map only really took us ten minutes and because we stayed near the Pantheon we seemed to be close to everything (everything being all the gelato). We had some pretty special pizza (which I'll talk about in another post) and ate gelato at least twice a day- I love that I don't even feel remotely guilty for it. Thinking about it though, I don't think I've been hungry since we came back so maybe I've eaten my carb allowance for the year already?! Shit.
I guess the thing that I was most disappointed with is that the Colosseum had scaffolding on it, scaffolding!! Still a mighty fine building... but seriously?!

I'm looking forward to telling you all about the food we had next time!

13 comments :

  1. I can't wait to go to Rome some day. You have some really lovely pictures of Rome even if the weather wasn't great, it looks like you got to see a lot! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did manage to fit in loads, it helps when everything is so close together though, definitely make sure you go one day, its beautiful! x

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to hear more about your trip! ps. you take beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh eeee these photos are making me sooooo excited! They're amazing photos despite the grey skies. I look forward to some food photos. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are going to LOVE it, the food is just the best and you can eat pizza for breakfast and no one will even bat an eyelid (might have made that up) x

      Delete
  4. Lovely pics jo. Ah the gelato - probably my favourite thing about Rome, that all the blood oranges :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie, the gelato was the best. Its definitely got me wanting to visit Gelupo in London again asap x

      Delete
  5. Hi, I love your blog, so I have nominated you for a Liebster award. I’ve also followed you. Check out the nomination here:
    http://afothergillblog.wordpress.com/2014/01/29/liebster-award-nomination/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful pictures! I just love the colours of European buildings, it's so warm and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine! I know, I took a million more pics of the buildings, I couldn't stop! x

      Delete
  7. These photos are great!!!
    I was in Rome in December!
    It is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top