19.2.14

CONFESSION TIME

Ok, I have a confession: I've been a bad blogger. I'm hanging my head in shame.

I love this blog of mine and I love talking to everyone through comments/twitter/email/in real life but I have been completely neglecting this side of it recently and its making me feel sad and horrible. I'm not going to give a list of excuses (but I really could and they would all be true, honest!), instead I'm just going to be better.
A few weeks ago the lovely lovely Helena nominated me for a Liebster award (a brilliant award that aims to spread the word about bloggers all over the place so you find new ones and we all learn a bit more about each other) and then a few days later Anna nominated and then because I've been really slow and not getting round to doing either of those, Amy nominated me too and now I really don't know what to do about it. I really loved reading everyones answers for their questions and it's such a lovely way of getting to know more about bloggers, especially those ones who only take photos of pizza, ahem...

So, I had a brain wave. I'm going take a few of questions from each person and answer those. Sorry Helena, Anna and Amy, thank you so much for nominating me, I hope you don't mind too much that I'm messing with the system?!

Rome

1. Where do you see yourself in 50 years?
More then likely I'll be crying over the lack of pizza I'm eating because I don't have a pension to fund fun things like this - or any teeth left. But ideally I'd be living in the countryside with a little studio out back so I can busy my days in there.

2. What does a normal day in your life look like?
I guess this is all dependant on a few factors...if its the weekend then its breakfast at home and a visit to somewhere in London, eat quite a bit, edit some photos, look on Pinterest/Instagram one too many times and always wish that Ant and Dec's Saturday night takeaway was on (this Saturday guys!!)
If I'm at work then it can be anything from thinking of crafty ideas for tween girls to make, making those crafts, photographing those crafts, looking for pictures, doing a fair bit of admin too to balance the fun out and always wishing it was lunch time.

3. What do you feel is your true identity? ie what do you think you're really suppose to do in life, what is your dream/true talent?
Yikes, this is a hard one. I think it changes quite a lot but I guess because I keep coming back to photography and now its such a major part of my job and my life outside of my job - and I don't hate it at all, then I guess photographing things. Exactly what I want to photograph for the rest of my life, I'm not sure yet but I'm still figuring it out and taking those next steps.

4. What food could you never give up?
I was going to say pizza but I think I need to be a bit more rational about this.... I think bread. I'm such a bready, I have it all the time and I love it. I also love potatoes in any form (especially chips). Basically I am one big carb.

Flowers

5. What has been the most unexpected change in your life?
Going back to photography, maybe? When I left uni I was so over it, it completely killed my passion for it and taking photographs of things I didn't really want to but still write a 1000 word analysis on was just the WORST. THING. EVER. I told myself that I wanted to work in pictures and with photographers but not take the photos and 4 years later that has definitely all changed.

6. What makes you laugh?
Steven.

7. If you could change the name of your blog - what would you call it?
Ohhh this question! I think its so funny when you meet up with a bunch of bloggers and you all have to say your blog name out loud and everyone is so embarrassed and says it really quietly under their breath (realistically, I think its just me that does this), but I can't think of another name I'd like so I'll stick with it. Also, Best Coast are amazing and The Only Place (the song) makes me feel SO happy

8. What is your favourite mug?
The teal one Steven bought me for my 23rd birthday, its the perfect size and colour!

9. Dream job?
To be a photographer. One where magazines and websites ring up and they're like 'heyyyy, could you just go to Paris for a few days and eat some nice food and walk around and take some great pictures and do a little write up too?'
I can dream.

Brooklyn Bowl

So here are my nominations:

Becca
Catherine
Zoe
Annie
Kate

Questions are;

1. What is your favourite thing to do on a weekend?
2. What would your last meal be?
3. If you could try one job out for the day, what would you do?
4. If you could learn one skill and be super amazing at it, what would it be?
5. What would your super power be?
6. If you could live in any city where would you live?
7. What is your happiest moment?
8. What is your guilty food? - the one where you're too embarrassed to admit to anyone that that is really what you ate last night

I'm looking forward to reading your answers!

6 comments :

  1. LEE IS WATCHING FOOTBALL SO I'M MISSING ANT AND DEC RIGHT NOW.

    I'm glad you went back to photography - as your number one fan I always look forward to your posts for inspiration and yummy London places. I'll do this this week for sure :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh Becca, you're so kind! You and your sweet words make me blush every time. Caught up on Ant and Dec today, god I've missed them! x

      Delete
  2. Love it! Great answers and messing with the system is definitely encouraged :) XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your answers! (The bread/pizza debate particularly made me smile!) And yeah being a 'bad' blogger is something I'm becoming increasingly guilty of... I swear there's less time in a day than there used to be! Thanks for the nomination :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have your same dream job....I really dream the same...but they send me to New York... :D

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top