5.2.14

MY CAMERA BAG

Camera bag
Camera bag
Camera bag
Camera bag
Camera bag
Camera bag

I've had my camera bag for about 18 months now and it has done me well, actually I should say it is STILL doing me well. I'm not in the market to get another I just wanted to share with you what I use as I remember when I was looking for one and feeling a little overwhelmed and frustrated by the options. 
I knew I wanted a bag that didn't really look like it had a camera in but I really couldn't afford one of those nice Jo Totes ones (or other brands) as they are obviously all from America (it seems us Brits aren't that fussed about our camera bags?!) with a horrible price tag and an eye watering import fee or whatever it is they charge you for. I then thought about buying an ugly camera bag, the sort that every 50 year old man with the most expensive kit owns because I knew they would be reliable and do the job BUT then I had the problem of it being super ugly and very obviously a camera bag, not to mention how expensive they are!
So I settled half way. I bought an insert from Billingham - you can get loads of different (and much cheaper) ones on Ebay but I chose the Billingham one as I wanted it right then and I had read some good things about their stuff. I then went to Topshop armed with my insert and put it in each bag I liked and luckily, the one I really wanted fit perfectly (I'm pretty sure they will fit in most satchels though, probably isn't much of a coincidence...). 
I have to say though, having a nice camera bag doesn't make it any less of pain carrying around, it's still heavy as hell and really awkward but you are carrying around all your worldly items (phone/keys/purse etc) and a camera and more then likely a spare lens, so expect a wonky shoulder for the rest of your life! 

5 comments :

  1. this is a brilliant idea! my sister is a photographer, I bet she'd love this flexibility of this too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done the same! I bought a beautiful leather bag in Morocco and I've lined it so that my camera will fit nice and snug. It's perfect and you can never tell it's in there. I've bought padding off Amazon though, so it came out even cheaper.

    {Teffy's Perks} X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I've found your blog through Becca and firstly, let me tell you that it is wonderful and I'm very glad to have come across it. Secondly, this is a fantastic idea and I think I ought to do the same. I am using a camera bag my Dad bought probably before I was even born and as much as it is a special item, it's not exactly the most beautiful item in my possession! Looking forward to reading more :) xxx Bee
    http://fillmylittleworld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bee! So glad you found my blog :) It's nice that your dad handed down his camera bag, my dad gave me a load of his equipment when I started photography at college and its so nice to keep hold of. Definitely do the same if you can though, although the world is your oyster with the amount of bags you can chose! x

      Delete
  4. That's such a good idea! I love my Jo Totes bag, but they are a little pricey to get shipped over :/

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top