17.3.14

JACKSON & RYE

Jackson + Rye
Jackson + Rye
Jackson + Rye
Jackson + Rye
Jackson + Rye
Jackson + Rye
Jackson + Rye
Jackson + Rye

Last weekend I finally made it to Jackson & Rye and I certainly wasn't disappointed - with the interior. Inside it is so beautiful and very fitting of the New York style they have gone for, they have paid such attention to detail and everything is in keeping with the theme. I really wish I had gone dressed in a 60s style dress and pretended I was in Mad Men for an afternoon (unfortunately no Don Drapers were around so I soon snapped out of that day dream). The food, however, was a tad disappointing. I ordered the buttermilk fried chicken sandwich - they have two buttermilk fried chicken options on the menu, one as a sandwich and one with slaw, I pointed and said out loud 'the sandwich please' but was still brought the slaw dish, which is only slightly annoying for me but I can't imagine how many times a day that happens to the chefs. The sandwich was nice but doesn't really compare to Spit and Roast's buttermilk chicken burgers (I craved one of those for weeks after) and the waiters were a little off but we were quite thankful they left us alone for over an hour so we could have a good catch up. The dessert though, wow. It was some crazy chocolate dome and when hot butterscotch sauce is drizzled over the top, the chocolate melts away to reveal cream and ice cream and some crunchy bits - if you go, make sure you get this. Absolutely ridiculous and so indulgent but worth every penny of the £6.50. I'd love to know what anyone else thought if you've been?

8 comments :

  1. Lovely pictures! This place looks AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine, definitely recommend it - for the beautifulness x

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos and sounds like some GREAT menu ordering skills (good choices) - looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been there but these pictures make me definitely want to go!
    I've been wanting to go to Spit & Roast for sooo long, I crave their buttermilk chicken!

    {Teffy's Perks} X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably the best chicken I've ever had at Spit & Roast, I want it everyday! x

      Delete
  4. Hi! I just stumbled upon your blog and am getting all giddy with happiness. How do you manage to take such awesome photos?? Whenever I go out I always feel so weird about jumping around with a camera. so impressed!!

    Jess | Young Rubbish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Jess! I guess you just have to go for it and not care, I get a few weird looks but I'll never see those people again :) x

      Delete

Back to Top