22.4.14

A LONG WEEKEND

Easter weekend
Easter weekend
Easter weekend
Easter weekend
Easter weekend

Ohhh lovely long weekend, where did you go?

After visiting family up in Yorkshire for a couple of days (just look at that view!) we were a little burnt out and mainly pottered around eating all the chocolate that crossed our paths, I ate so much I can't look at it any more. For the first time in a long time I tried a new recipe out, I made creamy spaghetti with red onion, quorn and tomatoes, it felt very special as we never have creamy pasta. I think I may have started something I'm going to regret...
Steven got himself a beautiful new camera, I'm looking forward to more pictures of us both and all the little bits I miss because my camera is too heavy to lug about. I'm really excited to get my hands on it too!

Hope you had a good Easter break, only a four day week ahead of us, be strong!

13 comments :

  1. Loving trying new recipes lately. So nice having time to experiment.

    Also what is the new camera Steven got? Eyeing out mirrorless ones for more personal/blog stuff as mine is so heavy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's got the Fujifilm x-e1, only got it yesterday so haven't had a play with it yet but will let you know how we get on. It's very light so it's already got a thumbs up from me!

      Delete
  2. That spaghetti looks great. What kind of quorn is it? We normally have the chicken pieces in stuff like pasta but yours looks like something different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We use the quorn fillets, for no reason other then I like the pieces a bit chunkier then the chicken pieces they do, very tasty!

      Delete
  3. That spaghetti looks delicious! And I really want enamelware dinner plates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get some! They're great, I want enamelware everything now!

      Delete
  4. Also pasta with butter, salt and pepper is a revelation!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It went far too quickly didn't it?! I'm seriously sulking today!

    I'm having the opposite problem with food. I ate so much over the weekend today my belly is roaring WHERES MY CHOCOLATE?! I think it's in shock!

    Chloe x
    newgirlintoon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had serious chocolate withdrawals at about 2pm, I don't think i'll never not be able to eat chocolate again!

      Delete
  6. Creamy pasta is one of my favourites, although not very compatible with my low(er) carb day-to-day eating, such a treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SUCH a treat, one I wish I could have everyday though...!

      Delete
  7. Hi!
    Yorkshire really amazing!!!
    I have your same problem with chocolate....I cannot look at it!
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top