30.4.14

LONDON FIELDS BREWERY - TAP ROOM

London Fields Brewery, Tap room
London Fields Brewery, Tap room
London Fields Brewery, Tap room
London Fields Brewery, Tap room
London Fields Brewery, Tap room
London Fields Brewery, Tap room
London Fields Brewery, Tap room
London Fields Brewery, Tap room
London Fields Brewery, Tap room
London Fields Brewery, Tap room
London Fields Brewery, Tap room
London Fields Brewery, Tap room

On Saturday we enjoyed a mega feast of beer, food and cheese at the Tap Room at London Field's Brewery, I don't think I've ever drank or eaten so much all at the same time. They invited me for a meal for two in exchange for some pictures I gave them from an event I went to last year and my gosh were our bellies full by the end of it.
We ate and drank so much and of such variety that I'm not sure I can talk about each thing individually for fear of my belly grumbling too much but the porter poached hot dog, deep fried mushy peas with goats cheese and the banoffee pot were real stand outs for me. Steven loved the cider braised puy lentils with the goats cheese and he thought the pairing of the cheeses with the beer were really spot on. The chef spoke to me about what she is doing with the menu - simple British food but with attention to detail - and where she wants the direction of the Tap Room to go and it sounds so exciting, she is SO passionate about what she does, it was very inspiring. The majority of their menu has beer in it at some point, whether its beer batter for the onion rings or beary cheese on toast and the beer pairings on the menu are really useful too, I often find it can be a little overwhelming when going into a brewery and knowing what to order.
The Tap Room's is really a lovely place to go and just have a drink too, it can get pretty full and loud at certain points especially after a brewery tour but it doesn't last too long, it's definitely one of East London's little treasures.

*I'd just like to point out that although I got this meal for free, I was in no way obliged to write a blog post on it. I did because it was really good and we had such a good time that I wanted to tell you all so you make sure you go. So go!

4 comments :

  1. This place looks so gorgeous. Love all the wood finishings and the food looks gorgeous!

    Chloe x
    newgirlintoon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT LOOKS AND SOUNDS AMAZING! I really want to explore the London Fields area and this sounds the perfect way to do it - it looks like it is so welcoming inside x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This all looks delicious - especially the mushy peas and goats cheese balls - wow!

    Rosie
    http://www.alittlelusciousness.com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top