28.5.14

A WANDER AROUND HAMPSTEAD

Hampstead
Hampstead
Hampstead
Hampstead
Hampstead
Hampstead
Hampstead
Hampstead

When we first moved to London four years ago we visited Hampstead to have a nosey around at how the other half live and I remember being so poor (after having shelled out SO much money on rent) that every café and shop window I looked in depressed me so much more then I thought it would. Even though we're still shelling out a ridiculous amount of rent we decided to go back to Hampstead to have another look and it is just as beautiful as I remember and I'm slightly annoyed at myself for not having being back sooner. So quaint and English and filled with beautiful shops, houses and streets, Hampstead really is the perfect balance between city living and having a cottage in a village and I am so insanely jealous of anyone who gets to live here. We had a really lovely time wandering around all the shops, visiting the Heath and enjoying the sun-less warm weather - quite the common occurrence at the minute! Walking around Hampstead Heath is a really great day out too, there's so much to it - including the bathing ponds and plenty of places for a picnic. I wish we had a dog for lovely days out like these!

5 comments :

  1. I'm not sure I've ever been to Hampstead! I live wandering around fancy little places dreaming I had more money, I had a great time wandering around looking at very posh apartments along a harbour at the weekend, so beautiful! SIGH!!

    Chloe x
    newgirlintoon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love Hampsted and the Heath is just so nice. The walk through it kills me though as I know I'll never be able to afford these places! We can all dream though? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such gorgeous pictures. I loooooooove Hampstead. Hampstead Heath, and the top of Parliament Hill in particular was the site of my first London date with my boyfriend. And Highgate has such a lovely villagey atmosphere! You've made me very homesick for north London :)

    Tamsin xx | A Certain Adventure

    ReplyDelete
  4. Know the feeling, but gorgeous pictures! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a soft spot for Hampstead as I lived there when I first moved to London. In a hostel which was pretty cheap mind you. I think they had been there since the 20s. It kind of has everything you need.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top