4.6.14

SODO PIZZA CAFÉ

Sodo
Sodo
Sodo
Sodo
Sodo
Sodo

I swear that a week will go by where I don't talk about or show a photo of pizza on this blog...
But until that time comes I'll tell you about Sodo Pizza Café in Honor Oak Park. After reading a few good reviews, we decided to give it a go so we hopped on the Overground to try it out, they have ones in Hoxton and Clapton too if you're north of the river.
After a few days of pondering I've decided that I have mixed feelings about this place but I definitely have to start by saying that the pizza is really good and well worth trying. It's a sourdough base but it has extra firmness, I often find that other sourdough pizza places serve them quite slippy (?) like it almost just slips down your throat with barely any chewing required but this has a good solid base with plenty of chewing required...I don't know where I'm going with this... The pizza was really tomatoey -with a sweet sauce that was so vibrant in colour and was absolutely delicious and I didn't feel really uncomfortably full afterwards like I do with other sourdough pizzas - which means there's room for dessert!
The margherita is a steal at just £6 and the olives and side salad were just what we wanted from olives and a side salad but I have to say the thing that left me feeling a bit off with the place, was the service. If I'm honest, it was just a bit crap and we were definitely made to feel like we weren't really all that welcome. I'm not just moaning for the sake of it either, it was pretty bad... I'm hoping it was just an off day but I don't want to recommend this place and then you'll be like 'the service was terrible, why are you telling me to go here?!' and I don't want to not tell you about it because the pizza was really good and you should know about good pizza, dilemma or what?! Anyway, let me know if you have (or have had) a better experience then me, I can't let a pizza place this good go to waste. Maybe we'll have to persuade ourselves to go again...

6 comments :

  1. Oh pizza.poor service dilemma! I reckon there are so many good pizza places around now, you kind of need to be the whole package (good food + good service) in order to last long-term. You might get away with sub-par service in a touristy area, but somewhere like Honor Oak I'm guessing not so much...people have to want to come back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, I completely agree. It's such a shame, they just need to be better!

      Delete
  2. The colour of the olives is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one wants a slippy pizza! What a brilliant description !!

    Rosie
    www.alittlelusciousness.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you're right, no slippy pizza for me thanks!

      Delete

Back to Top