23.6.14

THE BRITISH SUMMER HAS BEGUN

Weekend
Weekend
Weekend
Weekend
Weekend
Weekend
Weekend
Weekend
Weekend
Weekend
Weekend
Weekend

This weekend got off to a pretty good start with having a chip butty at one of my favourite fish and chip places with some really good company, they do the best mushy peas! I was thinking the other day that I should really start talking about/photographing some of the healthier foods I eat - which I actually have more often then pizza I have you know but that's never that fun to read on a Monday morning so maybe I'll stick with the chips.
On Sunday I drove us to Box Hill in Surrey, it's the longest I've driven before so I arrived a little shaky and stressed but I did navigate my way through built up London roads, a busy dual carriageway and country roads teaming with cyclists, not bad at all! I think I might have to do a separate post on this whole driving thing, it's been on my mind non stop for the past few months.
Box Hill is really beautiful, and only an hour or so away from London, the views are ridiculous and almost don't feel like what you're looking at is real. We went for a little walk, got an ice cream and sat under a tree watching a family play a game of rounders...sounds pretty idyllic huh? When we got home we ate a few of (read that as: pretty much all of) the little cakes a friend of mine got me as an early birthday present, that one with the marshmallows and chocolate on was obviously the best one!
I always get a little reflective around my birthday, there's so many questions I ask myself each year about where I am in life, am I doing what I want to do and all that crap that makes you panic like mad and want to run away. 25 was a good year though, I think it's all going ok, I think? Maybe...I dunno...those cakes certainly helped me stop worrying so much anyway...

Hope you had a good weekend too!

14 comments :

  1. That looks like a perfect day to me :) I've only been once to Box Hill and was lucky to be there on a scorcher of a day...it was just lovely. Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen :) As I was sat looking out at the view at Box Hill I thought that it would be so pretty in winter too with all the snow and ice, just don't really fancy driving then!

      Delete
  2. I always think the same! I only ever photograph cake and huge meals and people must think I'm so unhealthy. Writing about broccoli and my runs in the gym wouldn't be as fun though!

    I remember the first time I drove in London, it was only out in zone 6 but was still the most

    ReplyDelete
  3. stressful drive I've ever done! Well done to you!

    Sorry my comment was split across 2 .. Ooops!

    Chloe x
    newgirlintoon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, no one wants to hear about broccoli! And thanks, I'm still having minor anxiety panics over the driving today!! x

      Delete
  4. Bravo on the tough drive out to Surrey - that's a great achievement for the year in itself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Flora, I think so too! It was pretty stressful!! x

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday for... whenever it is! :) I'm turning 27 in a month, so can definitely empathise with that generalised-existential-crisis feeling! 26 is a pretty good age, I reckon - although because I one of the youngest in my group of friends, I was always accidentally lying *up* about my age, so this year has mostly been about forgetting how old I am!

    We should get the south London gang together for some drinks/chips/craft at the tiger to celebrate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! (it's tomorrow!) Ahh I'm the same too, always the youngest and always feel like I'm 5 years older then I am. It's suddenly hit me that I can't really remember the past 3 years have they have whizzed by so fast!

      Definitely up for drinks/craft/chips hangs soon, will get on it x

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday for very soon too Jo! I'm turning 30 this year, so enjoy your light reflection on birthdays coz the heavy stuff really hits when you're about to leave your twenties behind! Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Siobhan! Yikes, I bet it comes round quicker then I can imagine too! Looking forward to Saturday too, will email soon about address and such x

      Delete
  7. ah, box hill! It's so pretty, my parents used to take me and my sis when we were little - v.jealous that you can drive there! Those cakes look lush. Hope you have a lovely birthday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie :) Ohh we saw so many little kids there and I thought what lovely childhood memories they will have, it's so pretty!! x

      Delete

Back to Top