27.6.14

TWENTY SIX

Birthday
Birthday
Birthday
Birthday
Birthday
Birthday
Birthday
Birthday
Birthday
Birthday
Birthday
Birthday
Birthday
Birthday
Birthday
Birthday
Birthday

On Tuesday I celebrated my birthday, we both had the day off work and as a surprise Steven took me to a cute little farm in Kent to go strawberry picking. I've never picked strawberries before - or any fruit for that matter - and it's been on my list ever since we lived in Leeds and we drove past a farm once and I said 'I've never been strawberry picking!' and then said it every time we drove past a pick your own since. The weather was beautiful and the strawberries were so juicy and fresh, we ate some straight away on a picnic bench with some cloudy lemonade to wash them down. We finished the rest of the strawbs at home that night with some cream and meringues we bought from the farm shop, it was my birthday after all...
Afterwards we drove to Herne Bay on the coast and went for a stroll along the sea front, had some chips and drove back home to catch up with our boxset (True Blood, it's a bit crap but I'm hooked!). Who says getting older isn't any fun?!

6 comments :

  1. What a nice surprise! Great pics Jo. Strawberries & then chips by the sea sounds like the perfect birthday to me :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an adorable strawberry picker. Lovely pictures! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a wonderful birthday - looks like my perfect day. There's a great place in Surrey to pick your own called Garson's Farm - I always used to go for cherry picking! It has a great farm shop too with a lovely cricket green and pond next to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo!
    Happy birthday!!! (even if a little bit late!)
    I love stay in contact with nature, and strawberries picking is a great way for celebrating a birthday!
    :)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to go strawberry picking! This shoot really reminds me of the one that Love Taza did a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday and all the best!!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top