21.7.14

A DRIZZLY WEEKEND

Weekend
Weekend
Weekend
Canterbury
Canterbury
Canterbury
Canterbury
Canterbury

Just a few pictures from my weekend... the top 3 were little moments I got whilst lazing around the house with the fan on full blast. We keep treating ourselves to meringue with strawberries and cream, we should really stop but its just too good and I guess they will be out of season soon so best make the most of it really..
The weather was so temperamental this weekend, it looked like a drizzly autumn day most of the time but was humid as hell. When the weather is like this I get so unproductive, my brain doesn't function properly and I just want to lay around (eating meringue) half watching TV, half reading a book but not really doing half of anything. Steven suggested we take a trip to Canterbury on Sunday to sort me out so we hopped in the car and I drove all the way there - and back! On a motorway too, which is less scary then driving around the streets of Peckham I tell you.
Canterbury is just lovely, like a little York, very quaint and touristy with lots of history. We visited Tiny Tim's tea rooms which seemed to be a nod to Betty's in York but you could actually get a seat. That scone you see there? Yeah, I had a massive slab of chocolate fudge cake which was too ridiculous to even photograph but I did have food envy, those scones were flipping good.

Hope you had a good weekend too!

5 comments :

  1. Boiled eggs and soldiers! I love your weekend posts. See you later xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Canterbury, that's where my brother lives. Beautiful photos too, the first one especially xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah canterbury, home of my university days :) glad to see tiny tim's is still going, was there a guy playing the piano? July days are made for meringue and strawberries X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to live in your home and eat your breakfasts. A trip to Canterbury sounds a perfect weekend activity, I've been trying to get Lee to Kent recently, but both of us can never be bothered - isn't that awful! That scone looks epic, but the chocolate fudge cake sounds awesome x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am addicted to strawberries and meringue at the moment too, it's a perfect summer treat. I've been enjoying mine with ice cream. Not sorry x

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top