20.8.14

CARAVANNING, NORTH WALES

Caravanning, North Wales
We've just got back from a long weekend of caravanning with my family in North Wales (we stay in an inner tent in the awning), we seem to be making this a yearly tradition now with the first year in Cornwall, last year in Cambridge and this year just near Wrexham. We fitted in so much in 4 days and I love getting to explore other areas of Britain that I haven't been able to see before - or at least since I was a little 'un myself. 
As I did last year, I decided to make a little video of our time away so as I'm still editing that I thought I'd share a few pictures I managed to take in between recording. 
Caravanning, North Wales
Caravanning, North Wales
Caravanning, North Wales
Caravanning, North Wales
Caravanning, North Wales
Caravanning, North Wales
Caravanning, North Wales
Caravanning, North Wales
The pictures above are from Pontcysyllte Aqueduct, which has just the most amazing and ridiculous views. If you have a quick google image search of it you can really get the full view (my lens wasn't wide enough!) and see how crazy it is to actually be able to walk over it. There were some lovely houses on the other side and beautiful canal boats with flowers on top which I totally fell in love with. We also bumped into the friendliest little dog who lived in its own miniature canal boat called 'The Dog House'!
Caravanning, North Wales
Caravanning, North Wales
We went to Pistyll Rhaeadr waterfall which is the highest waterfall in Wales, we got there quite late as the weather was turning for the evening so we only stayed for a quick visit but the drive up to the car park itself is one hell of a journey. It certainly kept us on our toes that's for sure. 
Caravanning, North Wales
Caravanning, North Wales
Caravanning, North Wales
Caravanning, North Wales
Caravanning, North Wales
Caravanning, North Wales
Caravanning, North Wales
Caravanning, North Wales
Caravanning, North Wales
Caravanning, North Wales
Caravanning, North Wales
We visited Liverpool and had a good walk around with a visit to the Cavern Club in the evening and we made it to Chester for a couple of hours too for a walk along the city walls and some cake.  We also managed to fit in a very brief visit to Anglesey - which was a bit windy! But had some pretty good chips and peas. 

For the whole time we were there and since we've been back all I've been talking about is camping and it's got me so desperate to buy a tent, I just love camping and everything that goes with it - even the creepy crawlies I can put up with! I've been saying for the past couple of years that I'd like to start camping again but for one reason or another we just haven't got round to getting a tent (mainly due to cost and finding somewhere to store it in a pokey one bed flat) and then summer comes and goes in a blink of an eye and then it's too late. I just want to feel like I've made the most of the summer by getting out there and we're only an hours drive away from Kent so we have no excuse really. I think it's about time we got looking for one! 
Caravanning, North Wales

4 comments :

  1. Lovely pictures (as per usual!) - especially the one where you are basically just hair.

    You have to read a book called The Tent, The Bucket and Me. It's PURE GENIUS x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing, makes me want to go to Wales with my tent! Maybe next "summer"!

    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hearing about people holidaying and loving my home country...and not too far away from where I live either! Great photos x

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top