8.9.14

A CELEBRATION

Dishoom

It's true what they say- everything happens at once. And everything really is happening at once around here it's making my head spin a little bit. I photographed my 4th wedding of the year on Saturday (one to go!) and we finally got around to going to Dishoom to celebrate me getting a new job! Eeeek! I start a week today and will be the Picture Editor at Essentials magazine, crazy! I haven't mentioned it here yet as it almost doesn't feel real so I wanted to make sure I was double, triple sure that I had a new job. 
It feels slightly surreal too as I've been working towards being a picture editor since I left uni and now it's finally happened - on such a good magazine too, that I can't really contain my excitement. Naturally all those thoughts about not being able to do the job/not completing my probation period/crying/falling over are keeping me awake at night but I'm just so flipping excited, I can't wait to start. 
Dishoom was the only place I wanted to go to celebrate, it's up there with Franco Manca for me, I recommend both places to everyone who is visiting London - both good value and the best tasting food. I love the Shoreditch Dishoom the best, it's much more relaxed and less cramped then the Covent Garden one, AND you can get a table without booking AND without queuing (!!) holy moly! We decided to go all out for our celebration, we ordered; behl (a puffed rice Bombay mix with pomegranate), murgh malai (lovely garlicy chicken), gunpowder potatoes, black daal, mattar paneer curry, garlic naan and roomali roti. Such a good mix of textures, colours and flavours, I was in Bombay heaven. It's a good job we didn't have any breakfast as I'm not sure I would have been able to fit it all in...but lucky for the washer upper we licked our plates clean!

Dishoom
Dishoom
Dishoom
Dishoom
Dishoom

After stuffing our faces we went for a little walk up to Haggerston and stopped off at the Paper Cut exhibition at The Proud Archivist which is just off Kingsland Road and on the canal, I think I saw something similar up in Manchester a couple of years ago and even though this exhibition is fairly small, the work on display is very impressive. The paper biscuits were my favourite!

Regents Canal
Regents Canal
Regents Canal
Paper Cut
Paper Cut
Paper Cut
Paper Cut

We carried on walking down the canal, the sun was shining, the East Londoners were all out with their coffees in hand and it was really peaceful moseying along the waters edge taking in the sights.
There was a little canal festival going on as we got closer to Angel where we stopped for an ice cream and found a couple of records we had been looking for before catching the bus back home for a nap. 

Regents Canal
Regents Canal

Awww! Just a little one perfect for us two

Regents Canal
Regents Canal
Regents Canal
Regents Canal
Regents Canal
Regents Canal
Regents Canal
Regents Canal
Regents Canal
Regents Canal
Regents Canal
Hello!

Hope you had a good weekend too. It's my last week at my current job this week, scary stuff or what!

8 comments :

  1. Hooray for new jobs! I'm desperate to try Dishoom! Lovely photos, as always - especially enamored with the gypsy teapots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah congrats on the job - how exciting :) I've heard so many good things about dishoom, really should get over there! The paper cut exhibition looks cool. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bloody well done on the new job! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many congratulations, Jo! That's wonderful, well done, you. I love that stretch of the canal; a great place for a sunny stroll on a celebratory day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Sounds like an amazing new job and don't worry too much sure it will all go swimmingly. Also you now have me craving dishoom! Nom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the job, that sounds amazing. It's so fantastic when all the work pays off. Essentials are very lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww congratulations on your new swish job :D I wish you the best of luck, hope you have a great time and learn as much as you can!

    Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's fantastic, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top