15.9.14

LAST WEDDING WEEKEND

Bakewell

I survived wedding season,  wahooo!! On Saturday I photographed the last one of the year up Chesterfield way so me and Steven decided to make a weekend out of it. We drove up on Friday (I was feeling a liiiiittle worse for wear after my work leaving drinks on Thursday evening) so we set off at 12 in the hopes to have a wander round and visit the venue before going out for tea but the M1 traffic had other ideas and we ended up in grid lock for a few hours which was a load of crap! 
We went straight out for tea when we got there though, I love little village pubs you always get wayyyy more food then you possibly need. Chips, mash, carrots, swede, peas, cabbage and salad to accompany a veg lasagne and bbq chicken thing, crikey! 
Saturday was the wedding day itself, it was a good one to end on - loads of people, the bride and groom are like something out of a magazine and they had tipis in a field for the reception! I'm really looking forward to getting those pics edited and handed over. I think I might do a little post on my thoughts on wedding photography just so I remember everything if I take on any more next year. 

Bakewell
Bakewell
Bakewell

Before heading back to London on Sunday we detoured to Bakewell for a little mooch about - and to get one of the famous Bakewell puddings -that's pudding not tart you just read, Mr Kipling hasn't got anything on these bad boys. They are made with a flaky pastry base, a little jam and have a weird egg custard like consistency to them, I really really like them but apparently they're not to everyones taste. If I lived near by I'd be having them everyday! Im glad we got to explore this area of the country a little bit too, I don't think I've ever really been round there before but I'd like to go back and visit Chatsworth. 

Bakewell
Bakewell
Bakewell
Bakewell
Bakewell
Bakewell
Bakewell
Bakewell
Bakewell
Bakewell

And that was that, weekend done. I start my new job today which I have all kinds of emotions for at the minute terrified/excited/anxious/happy/even more terrified etc... eeek!

Hope you had a good weekend! 

2 comments :

  1. Good luck for your new job Jo, you'll do great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a good first day. Would also be interested in what you thought about your first wedding season and see some pics too when/if you're allowed to share

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top