28.11.14

BATH: PART 2

bath-Jo_Crawford-9793
bath-Jo_Crawford-9759

After a good snoop around the Royal Crescent we walked through a park and some side streets and found ourselves on the canal which we followed all the way round to the other side. The weather was just perfect, one of those crisp autumn days and the canal was empty - which made for a lovely stroll!

bath-Jo_Crawford-9729
bath-Jo_Crawford-9768
bath-Jo_Crawford-9762
bath-Jo_Crawford-9780
bath-Jo_Crawford-9795
bath-Jo_Crawford-9825
bath-Jo_Crawford-9788

We met the only swan on the whole stretch of the canal and it broke my heart. 

bath-Jo_Crawford-9862
bath-Jo_Crawford-9844
bath-Jo_Crawford-9846
bath-Jo_Crawford-9849
bath-Jo_Crawford-9855
bath-Jo_Crawford-9854

We stopped for some lunch and a cuppa at The Bath Bun which was so very English and quaint - and did some really good soup! 

bath-Jo_Crawford-9864
bath-Jo_Crawford-9867
bath-Jo_Crawford-9869
bath-Jo_Crawford-9872
bath-Jo_Crawford-9871
bath-Jo_Crawford-9911

And had another mooch around the centre and took in all the old buildings and signs. 

bath-Jo_Crawford-9914
bath-Jo_Crawford-9915
bath-Jo_Crawford-9923
bath-Jo_Crawford-9918
bath-Jo_Crawford-9886

For our last meal we went to Sotto Sotto which is number 1 on Trip Advisor for restaurants in Bath, we usually avoid the really popular places but we fancied a bit of a treat and luckily managed to get a table after a cancellation. To get to the restaurant you need to go down some steps off the mani road and its tucked away in a vaulted cellar! 

bath-Jo_Crawford-9875
bath-Jo_Crawford-9873
bath-Jo_Crawford-9882
bath-Jo_Crawford-9891
bath-Jo_Crawford-9890

The first thing I have to say was that the service was excellent, I couldn't fault it. I had the Italian sausage pasta which was cooked perfectly (and I think this was the first time I've ordered pasta when there's pizza on the menu!) and although Steven's pizza was very nice - especially the roasted garlic...its hard to compare it when you've had the best one going.
But I would definitely recommend Sotto Sotto, the specials menu looked great if you eat fish/meat and as I say the service was fab.

So that was the end of our two days in Bath, isn't it great all the places this country has to offer!?

bath-Jo_Crawford-9922

6 comments :

  1. These tea cups, so pretty :) And Bath looks really nice as well. I'll have to keep that in mind for future travelling. Thanks for sharing these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous photos! I love how they tell a story and take me for a walk around town I've never been to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to university in Bath, lived there for three years, and you have captured the city so well! Lovely photos and it looks like a perfect trip x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures. I especially like 'Quiet Street' (was it?) So glad you got to go to Mr B's bookshop. I stumbled upon it by accident and fell in love...

    I had one of my favourite days in Bath about three years ago so it'll always be a place of nice memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely place to visit!!!
    And wonderful photos!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos! I love Bath <3 It's such a pretty city. My best friend studied there for a year and I just absolutely fell in love with it when I came to visit :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top