3.11.14

MY WEEKEND

Weekend

I feel like I'm slowly getting back to normal - I've been in my new job for about 6 weeks now so things are kind of making more sense and getting kind of easier...which means I'm not AS tired at the weekends. I've decided I need to kick my bum in to gear and make the most of those precious two days off once again.
Teri from The Lovely Drawer hosted a bloggers brunch on Saturday which was so pleasing to the eyes - and belly! She made some very tasty food and it was so nice to talk to some lovely ladies about anything and everything. I've also got the crafting bug once again after seeing all the lovely pieces in Teri's house, I love the triangle hanging thing on the wall. Maybe in a couple more weeks I'll have the energy to make something to go in our neglected flat!

Weekend
Weekend
Weekend
Weekend

Weekend
Weekend
Weekend
Weekend

In the evening we went to the pub round the corner for some tea and a couple of glasses of wine. I had a buttermilk chicken burger which was so flipping good. The wine ruined me for the rest of the evening though, stopping drinking mid evening is not a good idea!

Weekend

On a wet and windy Sunday we braved the elements to visit the Stylist magazine exhibition at Proud Central. I loved loved loved this exhibition! It was a collection of their greatest covers with how they made them, call sheets, layout ideas and sketches. From working on a women's lifestyle magazine I found the whole thing completely fascinating, it's always nice to see how other people do it - and do it so well. I also got to meet Tom Gormer - Stylist's photography director whilst I was there, it was great to hear first hand just how difficult some of the covers were to make!

Weekend
Weekend
Weekend
Weekend

Hope you had a good weekend too!

2 comments :

  1. What a lovely weekend! That bloggers' brunch looks incredible! What a lovely idea. You've made me want to see the Stylist exhibition now too.
    Miranda x http://mirandasnotebook.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely weekend - a perfect mix of stuff! That stylist exhibition looks interesting and I love the triangle wall art thing. That table of goodies looks so...professional! X

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top