10.2.15

BEDROOM UPDATE

drawers

At the weekend I decided to update the little corner I have in our bedroom. In a small flat its hard to have whole areas of space as our own as every little bit is precious potential storage but I have the space next to our bed and Steven has a similar size spot in the living room for his guitar stuff.

drawers
drawers

I originally had a desk in the corner which I kept so much crap on - letters piled up, unread magazines and the underneath was even worse with stacked up craft stuff and scraps of fabric, I had intended to sit at the desk and write blog posts and edit pictures but the sofa is just too comfy! - and I sit at a desk all day so thats the last thing I want to be doing in the evening.

drawers

I wanted to clear the corner up a bit and actually put some of the crap away so Steven bought me a cheapo chest of drawers from Ikea and had them built ready for when I got home from work one day. So I decided to do the first bit of diy since moving in this flat and I painted it in a nice pale grey colour, painting counts as diy, right?

drawers

I used that Annie Sloan paint which worked a treat but is pretty expensive, I may have a go at making some myself after finding a million tutorials on Pinterest. 
Now I've got the painting bug and half a tin of paint left nothing in our flat is safe! (Already done the mirror frame).

4 comments :

  1. This look like such a pretty corner! It's amazing how much painting something can transform it! Those drawers look so stylish! I love the grey colour. You've inspired me to get rid of some of the rubbish I've been accumulating on desktops. I really don't need all these magazines.... xxx

    Miranda xxx http://mirandasnotebook.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so neat! Any flat surface in my room is immediately covered with stuff. The colour is lovely and yes, painting totally counts as DIY :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely. I agree with Annie - I just cover all surfaces with "stuff"

    Would be a lovely paint colour for some picture frames, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah that looks lovely my friend! Love the colour! I need to do such a sort out and throw away before we move! x

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top