22.2.15

WHITSTABLE

Whitstable

This weekend my mum and stepdad came to visit and we decided to take them out to the Kent coast for the day and visit lovely little Whitstable.

Whitstable
Whitstable
Whitstable

Yes, I know what you're thinking, Whitstable in February is just as cold as you think it would be - perhaps even colder! But we'll put up with all kinds of weather for a bag of chips.



Whitstable
Whitstable
Whitstable

Lots of nice vintage shops are scattered along the high street leading down to the harbour.

Whitstable
Whitstable
Whitstable
Whitstable
Whitstable

We did see a house up for sale called The Captains House just before you get to the harbour, when we win the lottery we're going to buy it and make it in to a tea room. What I wouldn't give for that right now!

Whitstable
Whitstable

Enjoying the English weather with a cuppa.

Whitstable
Whitstable

We couldn't not get 'the best donuts in Whitstable' according to Antony Worrell Thompson!

Whitstable
Whitstable
Whitstable
Whitstable

And then a little mooch up the harbour before heading back to the car to miss the rain.
It felt so good to get out of London for a few hours, I think I was starting to get cabin fever.

8 comments :

  1. I kinda regret not visiting Kent whilst I was living in London, it seems there are some really beautiful places I missed out on.

    I LOVE the seaside at this time of year, it may be cold but it really blows away the cobwebs and is so peaceful being able to move about without tourists. We're hoping to head to the coast next weekend if the weather is good, it's been so sunny recently - perfect Winter beach weather!

    Chloe x
    newgirlintoon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun little trip!! I love the look of the fish & chips and doughnuts - yummy!! I definitely want to visit Whitstable now - although I may wait until it's a *little* warmer...! xxx

    Miranda xxx http://mirandasnotebook.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing pictures (as always), but these are a perfect pick me up for a Sunday afternoon. You have such a great eye. Also that boat 'Our Sarah Jane' made me well up a bit, don't know why!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though it was cold, it looks like Whitstable is still a lovely place to visit. I'll have to add it to my plans for the next time I visit the UK. (By the way, those doughnuts look amazing!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. whitstable looks beautiful! and that food looks incredibly delicious, getting hungry just looking at it. love seaside towns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE Whitstable! My fiance and I spent Christmas Day on the beach here two years ago! Memories! Kent will always have a little piece of my heart after living there for a year. It truly is the garden of England! PS Can I have some of those doughnuts?! ;)

    Lou x
    whiskyandpancakes.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks gorgeous there, I'd love to visit. With chips being the highest priority of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. literally scrolled through this post and now I want a donut. Thanks. haha

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top