4.5.15

BANK HOLIDAY PIZZA

Sodo Pizza

"Any plans for the bank holiday?" is all I got asked at work last week "Nope" I would reply as smugly as I could "Three days of doing nothing, and I can't bloody wait".
Then, inspiration and motivation hit all at once. Believe me, I was not expecting it. After my last post declaring my lack of motivation for doing anything other then waking up in the morning, I some how got the urge to do stuff and to actually think about things - fun and creative things at that! So I whipped out my notebook, got some ideas down... and then celebrated with pizza! And doughnuts! Actually that's a lie, we were always going to go for pizza (obviously) but it definitely felt like a mini celebration for having the motivation to take my camera to record the moment.

Sodo Pizza

We've been to Sodo in Honor Oak before which serves the kind of pizza we talked about for days (even if the service was slightly testing) so we decided to venture east this time to The George & Vulture pub in Hoxton where they serve Sodo pizzas as their main menu. The pub is a good 'un - just the way I like them, a little rough around the edges but with plenty of charm and the pizza was worthy of a few pictures or two that's for sure. 

Sodo Pizza

The tomato sauce is so rich and generously applied but don't you worry about a soggy pizza as the base is sturdy and still maintains a bit of crunch (I take my pizza reviews very seriously) and they do a 2 for 1 deal on a Monday so it was an all round winner for us.

Sodo Pizza

To satisfy our sugar cravings off we headed to Soho (because who wouldn't want to face central London on a bank holiday!?) and visited the new Crosstown Doughnuts café on Broadwick Street that seems to be hogging pretty much every other upload on Instagram at the minute!
We ordered the chocolate truffle and a cinnamon one which had a vanilla glaze on top and scoffed the lot in about 2 seconds. 

Crosstown Doughnuts
Crosstown Doughnuts
Crosstown Doughnuts

The place is a little small to get a seat that doesn't make you feel like you're in the way of everyone in the whole world and the more pricier doughnuts cost £3.50 EACH which is just bonkers if you're buying two. Who spends £7 on two doughnuts?! But they do do a deal for £3.50 for a cheaper doughnut and a cuppa, not bad at all.

Crosstown Doughnuts

And just like that the long weekend is over and I need to switch back to work brain mode. Only 3 weeks until the next one, yeahh!

2 comments :

  1. Oh my god. I can't look at this right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh so much deliciousness in this post!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top